Falkirk v Ayr United - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

callum-ayr

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

In an era where literally nothing in Britain is run fairly and where world football typically goes about two months between billion pound corruption scandals, it's cute to think that people believe that Scottish football (the world's longest-running LARP of the Thirty Years War) is an exemplar of the Corinthian ideals.

*Cup draw conspiracy doesn’t happen*

Conspiracy nut: Well obviously <thing> went wrong

Every. Single. Time. 

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

*Cup draw conspiracy doesn’t happen*

Conspiracy nut: Well obviously <thing> went wrong

Every. Single. Time. 

You're one of these people who thinks that if someone who grew up on a Bangladeshi waste dump grows up to become a heart surgeon in 40 years that the system works, right?

25 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Yes but they don't have catholic balls and protestant balls in England.

Very funny to think that the late goals probably fucked things for the SFA because the first one didn't have time to cool down.

10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

In an era where literally nothing in Britain is run fairly and where world football typically goes about two months between billion pound corruption scandals, it's cute to think that people believe that Scottish football (the world's longest-running LARP of the Thirty Years War) is an exemplar of the Corinthian ideals.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

You're one of these people who thinks that if someone who grew up on a Bangladeshi waste dump grows up to become a heart surgeon in 40 years that the system works, right?

You’re coming across as a raving nutter here. Best just move on.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

I have absolutely no idea what point you’re trying to make.

24 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

'We need our strongest teams in Europe.'

Aye, they've been brilliant, haven't they?

No, which is precisely why we need our strongest teams in Europe.

Oh, and Rangers got to The Europa League final last season, btw. 

Just now, G_&amp;_T said:

Oh, and Rangers got to The Europa League final last season, btw. 

Have the trickle-down effects of that near miss improved anything yet, save their directors' balance sheets?

I don't care what anybody says...the footballing authorities in this country pander to the Old Firm. Everybody should know that. I think the reason a 'celebrity' does the draw nowadays is to avoid accusations that the draws are fixed, but in the good old days I reckon it probably happened. If the authorities could get away with it, it still would.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It would be the world's worst conspiracy given that this is the fifth consecutive Scottish Cup semi-final draw featuring both Celtic and Rangers where they have been drawn against each other.

Here come the blazers, masquerading as ordinary football fans*... 🤣

*I am joking, btw.

I'm a neutral but I live in Falkirk so I thought this would be a tasty game to attend. Robert Burns, one of Ayr's famous fans and a guy who enjoyed life, said that Ayr is full of honest men and bonny lasses so why did we go in the home end?

Falkirk deserved to win with the effort they put in but if I were an Ayr fan I'd be wondering how they lost that. Falkirk in the SF but Ayr still with a lot to play for in the Championship...

Edited by come on shire

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Could Falkirk or ICT do much worse than the likes of Motherwell getting put out by an Irish pub team.

I would argue that Motherwell are not one of the strongest teams in Scottish football, as evidenced by the fact that they have spent most of this season embroiled in a relegation dog fight. But for their recent form they would be in real trouble.

I honestly think Scottish football would benefit from starting the season earlier. I know the close season is short, but players here also have a winter break, which can be extended to compensate them. When our teams play sides who're half way through their season, it puts us at a disadvantage.

2 minutes ago, G_&amp;_T said:

I would argue that Motherwell are not one of the strongest teams in Scottish football, as evidenced by the fact that they have spent most of this season embroiled in a relegation dog fight. But for their recent form they would be in real trouble.

I honestly think Scottish football would benefit from starting the season earlier. I know the close season is short, but players here also have a winter break, which can be extended to compensate them. When our teams play sides who're half way through their season, it puts us at a disadvantage.

Well they qualified because they were a stronger  side than the 7 below them at the end of the day. 

7 minutes ago, G_&amp;_T said:

I honestly think Scottish football would benefit from starting the season earlier.

It should be a summer league. Also Scotland should be independent and have the Euro as currency. Also Ibrox and Parkhead should be turned into city zoos. Each and every one of these things would improve Scottish football and Scottish life as a whole.

We didn’t really turn up tonight for any period of time at what we’re actually good at. Maybe when Kennedy came on, and Oliver, changed the game a little bit, but still don’t think we ever really got at Ayr.

If I was an ayr fan I’d be very pissed off at Bullen. Thought you had us on strings anytime you pressed and were on the front foot, but then completely let us back into it. Would have been 0-3 if you’d continued that first 20 mins of play.

We fought well though and got all the breaks, that we haven’t really had all season. Lovely. 

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

We didn’t really turn up tonight for any period of time at what we’re actually good at. Maybe when Kennedy came on, and Oliver, changed the game a little bit, but still don’t think we ever really got at Ayr.

If I was an ayr fan I’d be very pissed off at Bullen. Thought you had us on strings anytime you pressed and were on the front foot, but then completely let us back into it. Would have been 0-3 if you’d continued that first 20 mins of play.

We fought well though and got all the breaks, that we haven’t really had all season. Lovely. 

That's football...evens itself out and all that.

How many do you reckon you'll take to Hampden? 

33 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Except he didn’t.

Hard to know who to believe, the player who actually did it or someone sitting watching in the stand/on the TV. From the angle behind the goal it looked like a pretty clear foul, and Donaldson's reaction said it all.