Falkirk v Ayr United - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

callum-ayr

On 21/02/2023 at 20:25, FK1Bairn said:

Just bought my tickets for this, love a cup game under the lights

F*ckin gutted that Covid has caught up with me over the weekend and there's no chance I'm making the game tomorrow. 

Will still watch on TV but its not the same as being there. 

Absolutely not confident of a win after Tuesday night. 

4 hours ago, AuAl said:

So what's the crowd going to be? Over 6000/7000?. Any idea how many away tickets have been sold so far?

The last update I heard was we had sold around 4.5k and Ayr around 700. If both sides shift a couple of hundred tomorrow you could be looking at close to 6k which would be decent considering the kick off time and TV factor 

Falkirk are the bookies favourites. 11/10 for Ayr to qualify is generous I’d say! I’m expecting an early goal (probably for Falkirk), but Ayr to battle to a 2/3-1 victory. Should be a great occasion tomorrow night, starting to get nervous now…

CC91CA8A-90F9-43A9-98D2-4AE3EB61B960.jpeg

8 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

Falkirk are the bookies favourites. 11/10 for Ayr to qualify is generous I’d say! I’m expecting an early goal (probably for Falkirk), but Ayr to battle to a 2/3-1 victory. Should be a great occasion tomorrow night, starting to get nervous now…

CC91CA8A-90F9-43A9-98D2-4AE3EB61B960.jpeg

Lets go Super Ayr, into this muck!

Looking forward to another Falkirk bottle job to top up the fading buzz from last week. 

P.S. Here's a little stimulus in case you have a bit of trouble getting a stiffy. 

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 07.33.23.png

42 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Lets go Super Ayr, into this muck!

Looking forward to another Falkirk bottle job to top up the fading buzz from last week. 

P.S. Here's a little stimulus in case you have a bit of trouble getting a stiffy. 

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 07.33.23.png

Thanks for the stimulus but a stiffy is unrealistic. I’d settle for a semi.

I don't have a great feeling about this game tonight. Hopefully I am wrong but think it may well go the way the home cup game against Dundee went (and Pars) being outmuscled with little end product.

I'd bring Brad Mackay (more physical and better goal threat at set pieces) back in for Mackie and Henderson for Max.

Having Oliver as a linking player tonight is also up for debate as to whether that is the right set up.

Whatever happens, if we are losing with 30 minutes to go I hope we don't whimper out of the cup and have a right go, we are at home. 

Hoping for revenge against Inverness in the semi.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

I see the BBC hasn't even got a match preview for this yet. Fucking disgraceful.

They've got a wee montage preview on their website asking "Who will take the last semi final place?", which consists of the goals from Inverness, Rangers and Celtic, with absolutely no mention of Ayr United or Falkirk! 🤣