Falkirk v Ayr United - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

callum-ayr

3 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:

I don't get this argument on the simple premise that a VAR decision, or the absence of VAR, could equally work in your favour as work against you and it is the same for each team in that specific fixture. Just don't see how it is unfair. Preferable, perhaps, but not unfair.  

It should either be available in every game or none at all it's as simple as that. The rules should be applied the same in every game. Why should some games have the chance to use it whilst others don't have a choice. Complete nonsense.

Edited by Shodwall cat

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Ayr are a good side. We will need to play very well and have everything go ourway as well as Ayr not quite being on it for us to get a result.  Should be a good open game though which suits us and we have feck all to lose.

Yip, could be a high scoring game.  I’m sure both teams will do the occasion justice.

5 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Ayr are a good side. We will need to play very well and have everything go ourway as well as Ayr not quite being on it for us to get a result.  Should be a good open game though which suits us and we have feck all to lose.

Aye, this is what makes it quite interesting I think. We tend to prefer it when a team comes out to play and we can exploit gaps on the counter / direct play. By all accounts, Falkirk are a good footballing side who like to play on the front foot. As you say, there's nothing to lose so Falkirk might as well go for it. 

Both teams to score is close to guaranteed imo.

21 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Can’t believe we are actually favourites with bet365 

While we got a good result midweek from a very good performance, we had been really poor in most games in the last few months. Over that same period, Falkirk seemed to hit a terrific vein of form, battering teams most weeks.

There's obviously a step up in quality overall from League 1 to Championship, but going on overall form in 2023, it's hard not to fancy Falkirk have a chance here.

10 minutes ago, AuAl said:

While we got a good result midweek from a very good performance, we had been really poor in most games in the last few months. Over that same period, Falkirk seemed to hit a terrific vein of form, battering teams most weeks.

There's obviously a step up in quality overall from League 1 to Championship, but going on overall form in 2023, it's hard not to fancy Falkirk have a chance here.

Not saying we don’t have a chance but I think Ayr are favourites 

On 09/03/2023 at 13:40, Bairnardo said:

Ayr United at home in the Quarter Finals of the cup is an absolute fucking DREAM draw. We aren't favourites, but by f**k if you can't go into a one off home match against Ayr United with at least a little bit of optimism then im afraid following Scottish Football outside of following the bigot twins has nothing for you but misery. 

Its the exact same for Ayr btw, its no disrepsect to them, but It will be a long, long time before we find ourselves sat in the QF, with a home draw, and not playing a Prem team who are a nap to smash us to pieces. 

Obviously I want Lee Bullen to dump you out of the cup but McGlynn was saying the right things the other night. Still a pretty entertaining spell for Falkirk. Ayr probably won’t be as horrible to play against as Dunfermline. We just figure teams out and crush their spirit. 

Yeah, I think DA fans are reaching if they think LB has an especial reason to beat us, other than just to get his team through.

He was very popular here especially as assistant manager, and seemed to enjoy it too.

I wonder where the lucky pound coin is?

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Bullen lots of positive things to say about FFC in his pre match presser.

re crowd. Ayr have sold 700 now, many more likely to head through? 

I think quite a few will wait till Monday - could end up being double that on the optimistic side - probably around 1,000 - 1,200 I would guess though

Falkirk are going well just now , Pars game aside . Ayr have dominated over everyone in the division when on duty in L1 , only to run into a brick wall when in the Championship . Falkirk will find the power and pace difficult to deal with . Then there is the Championship's number one centre forward to contain , the idea that any L1 centre half is going to come out on top when none of the one`s in the Championship can is a bit fanciful  . Plenty of Ayr fans on here trying cover their basses on here as they still haven't figured out what they are actually watching yet . Hoofball this and wingers that . Neither will be on shop on Monday , a compact 442 with a right and left half supporting our full backs and strikers . Falkirk have chance of course they do , they need to start fast to get in front and then maybe.. The long game belongs to us though .

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Obviously I want Lee Bullen to dump you out of the cup but McGlynn was saying the right things the other night. Still a pretty entertaining spell for Falkirk. Ayr probably won’t be as horrible to play against as Dunfermline. We just figure teams out and crush their spirit. 

It must be happening, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that Joe Chalmers is involved in a side that “crushes spirits.” Whether it’s just due to the drop down to league one is obviously another question… 

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Bullen lots of positive things to say about FFC in his pre match presser.

re crowd. Ayr have sold 700 now, many more likely to head through? 

I've got 4 or 5 to buy. Haven't got round to it yet. I imagine quite a few are the same. Monday night won't be helping though.