Falkirk v Ayr United - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

callum-ayr

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Keep the team as is but swap Houston for McAllister, still plenty of games this month for Bullen to rotate.

Actually I expect McAdams will be in goal.

No!

10 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Do we go with the same 11 as last night?  Albeit Kirk and McAllister weren't starting, but after a good result like that would seem harsh to drop either McGinty/Musonda for Kirk and Houston for McAllister.

I think for such a big game you have to stick with the same side that got a good result in the previous game, feel as if at previous times this season Bullen has messed about with the starting 11 when not required and it has cost us.

There's no way either of McGinty/Musonda are getting dropped after last night so only other option to accommodate Kirk is a back 3/5

I take it just like the FA cup down south even at this stage of the competition you're left with this nonsense of the "big clubs" games having VAR and then likes of ours and Inverness v Killie not having it. Which is massively unfair IMO...

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Still got the full fear for this.  

If Falkirk are anything like last night you'll walk it. 

Very surprised how poor they were. If your forwards turn up it's done.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

We'll compete reasonably well for an hour, before collapsing to 1-4 in the end.

Akinyemi and Maguire will be too strong for our defence.

Maguire more than Akinyemi I think. 

Just be very physical with them early on and don't give them space. 

Just hope we don't repeat Tuesday again. Part almost hopes the crowd isn't that great as we bottle it anytime more than 5K turn up.

5 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I'd drop Kennedy after that awful performance on Tuesday and bring in mcguffie. Mckay for mackie as well if possible and start with mcginn and Henderson. Max is a fantastic option off the bench to change things in the middle if need be. 

I think we need Mackie to deal with the physicality of Akinyemi. We need to get right in his face from the off.

3 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

The same Mackie outjumped by 5'7 Richie hosler for Dunfermlines second? McKay is the more physical of the two by a country mile

Mackie is physical in the tackle, but for last ditch defending, defensive awareness etc aswell as aerial ability, Brad Mckay is the better option. Mackie wasnt even "outjumped" he was utterly rooted to the spot. His decision making is poor and that was a glaring example, even if it did occur in a line up of about 3 or 4 shit bits of defending.