Falkirk v Ayr United - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

callum-ayr

10 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

I'd thought you had to be signed at the time of the draw, but I've checked the rules and it looks like it's at the time of the original fixture. I'm sure back in the day it was different.

That's what Queen Park were done for with Ewan Henderson a couple of rounds ago. Game was rearranged and he hadn't been signed at the time of the original fixture date. 

Should have Maguire in the squad as their shouldn't be any conflict in the rules. Hopefully get him some game time in the next couple league fixtures to give him some fitness.

On 28/02/2023 at 10:01, Trogdor said:

We need to be careful an away tie to a League One team is more dangerous than it sounds. Especially with the indifferent form we are in.

I expect our class will tell in the end resulting in a 3-1 away win.

Definitely on a fishing trip, “Our Class”  you looked like a Welfare Team on your last two televised matches. 

Falkirk will win this tie 

I’m not worried - I just don’t think we will win.  At this point in time, I don’t believe we will win another game between now and the end of the season to be fair.

Should be a good game though, and a decent crowd.  If we had any kind of momentum going into this one, we probably would have sold out our stand, but might break 1,000 if we are lucky.

Aye still worried, which I suppose is just natural for a cup qf. Despite their result last night, Falkirk seem to have been battering everyone else for weeks so we need to be prepared.

Last night was an impressive performance, we dealt with Morton very comfortably. The second half in particular was full of control, quickly picking up loose balls and good game management. It was back to a lot of what worked well earlier in the season. More of the same on Monday please. 

Having Musonda back in the squad is huge, he looked incredibly composed and it gives me a lot more confidence about our defensive solidity knowing he is there. Will be interesting to see if Murdoch is back, and if so, if he gets a game. I'd be tempted to stay with what worked last night - thought McAlear and Dempsey were excellent - and then introduce Murdoch at some point in the second half if things are going our way.

Dipo is starting to look back to his best and there seemed to be the early signs of a good partnership with Maguire. Seems we will still be without any recognised wingers (is O'Connor eligible?) but McKenzie and Ashford both had very good games out wide so no issues from me with them starting. 

Wonder how many we will take through for this, 1000 maybe?

On 01/03/2023 at 11:13, lanky_ffc said:

Big boys usually win trophies.

m8 Falkirk's two 'major trophy' wins came before WWII and in 1957. At what point does this sort of stuff become meaningless? We're all diddies, some are just a bit diddier than others. 

I’m not confident, as Falkirk are at home and are a decent side. 

However, we are a completely different prospect with Dipo more like himself alongside a more up to speed Maguire and of course Musonda back too. 

ETA, had a look at the SFA suspension rules, and it does seem that O’Connor is going to miss this one too. 

Edited by No_Problemo