Falkirk v Ayr United - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

callum-ayr

Well it's a massive opportunity for both clubs to get to a national semi at Hampden and both sets of supports will see it as a favorable draw.  Quite glad it's not Darvel we're going to, shite view, restricted ticketing and the obvious possible embarrassment of going out to them.  So kudos to the bairns.  Having Morton away a few days before isn't ideal, but hopefully Musonda and Murdoch are back in around the team and possibly another new signing by the end of February.

Praying it's not the Monday, would vastly reduce the away support.  Having watched the game the other night, Callum Morrison is the obvious threat for Falkirk, but I am hoping we will/should have enough to get into semi's, if we're 100% at it.  Optimistic 2-0 win for us.

Good Tie, an opportunity for both sides to get to Hampden for the Semi.

If they will play one tie on the Friday, probably be this one, should know schedule soon.

Hopefully the same Ayr that played Queens park at Ochilview the other week, turn up, they were very poor and the ball ended up black and blue, but then again that might have been an exception to how they normally play.

Few games to get out the way before then, but hopefully a good crowd, decent away support, and Falkirk win 2-1

14 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

We charge £18 for league games. I'd accept up to £20 but nothing more.

It will only be higher than £18 if both clubs agree, if a price can't be agreed by both it will revert to the £18 as your usual home price.

Watched Ayr twice live on TV recently. 
The were excellent away to Cove but absolutely hopeless away to Queens Park. 

Home tie for us. We will have 5-6000 there no matter the day and hopefully our form stays as good as it has been for the last 2 months.

I wouldn’t read too much into the Darvel game as defensively they were never going to be able to cope with us. 

If we were looking at that draw Ayr or Inverness at home would have been the ones I would have chosen. Having said that the rest would have wanted us. 
Prediction? I will wait and see how our form and injuries are nearer the time. 

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

Most likely although they make it up as they go along. On Monday just passed they done the mens and womens draw together so probably same again.

Just thinking I’ll be MUCH more up for this if we go into the game not expecting the winner to have an OF opponent 

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Just thinking I’ll be MUCH more up for this if we go into the game not expecting the winner to have an OF opponent 

Likewise but another semi final when it was least expected will be still be a big buzz. On the slim chance there are a few shocks in the other games then it will give this game some buzz about it.

Edited by latapythelegend