Rangers v The Mighty Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ Scottish Cup QF

roverthemoon

I thought Raith Rovers played well. They were organised and put a good shift in. The second goal was very cruel and snatched whatever chance they had away, which was a shame. It's a big ask to go to either of the arsecheeks and cause an upset, but if I was a RR fan I would be pleased with how they played and to get through the game without losing anyone to injury.

57 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Came on here tentatively, expecting to be reading lots of bile from the home fans, only to find that the Rangers fans on here actually seem like a good bunch! Who’d have thunk it?

As for the game, we got what we expected. Hopefully we haven’t picked up any more knocks and getting more minutes into Vaughan and Ross’s legs can only be a good thing.

The more prominent rangers fans on here are generally quite decent. I think there was a lot of the idiotic ones lost around about the valentines day incident a few years back. 

Put it in perspective Rangers and Celtic are bulldozing teams in the Premiership never mind the likes of us

This was always a case of trying to give a good account of ourselves even more so being ravaged with injuries  and we did to a certain extent defensively.Apart from a couple of flashes,not a lot going forward but to be expected as Rangers pressed us high up the pitch

Lost a poor first goal at a bad time and the second could have went anywhere but no,it being the Rovers it ends in the back of the net 😄

Happy with the effort the players put in and its been a good experience especially for our younger players

For me its all about staying in this division and build for next season.

Ian Murray gives a good post match interview

Edited by Rovers_Lad

55 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Put it in perspective Rangers and Celtic are bulldozing teams in the Premiership never mind the likes of us

This was always a case of trying to give a good account of ourselves even more so being ravaged with injuries  and we did to a certain extent defensively.Apart from a couple of flashes,not a lot going forward but to be expected as Rangers pressed us high up the pitch

Lost a poor first goal at a bad time and the second could have went anywhere but no,it being the Rovers it ends in the back of the net 😄

Happy with the effort the players put in and its been a good experience especially for our younger players

For me its all about staying in this division and build for next season.

Ian Murray gives a good post match interview

Bang on, the gulf in resources is different planet stuff. There has to be questions ultimately of the resources Murray has going into next season. He has shown himself to be worth the backing.

Post match interviews on TV today and Raith TV are spot on.  I watched the McGlynn one post Dunfermline and the difference is stark. John done a great job but communication like his team selections seemed to be tactical. 

It's just the ease Murray has saying the honest thing and taking responsibility. We're far from perfect but it's an interesting proposition thinking what he could do if backed. 

I was hoping for a bit more from us for the last 20 minutes of the game when both Vaughan and Ross were on, but we just couldn’t manage to put Rangers under any sort of serious pressure and the couple of half chances we made never came to anything.

We pretty much parked the bus for the whole first half and defended well enough up until Rangers got a corner from the Main Stand side and Goldson finally got on the end of a corner.

It’s a shame that the likes of Brown and Millen couldn’t make the team and it’s a shame we couldn’t have tested McGregor more than we did and maybe got a goal. Hopefully we make some decent money from the game. 

Onwards and upwards. Hopefully we can retain the diddy cup and push on in the league.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Absolutely this. In the last week the Old Firm have gone to Easter Road and Tynecastle and swept the 3rd and 4th placed teams aside. We matched those results even with a weakened squad. And both of them were at home and we were away. And thankfully we didn’t shit the bed like Hearts and concede after 2 minutes. 

The best you can hope for in these sorts of games is that they underestimate you, but this cup is realistically all Rangers have left to play for this season so they was never going to be any complacency on their part. 

Hopefully we can get back to securing our place in the Championship and have a good day out at the Challenge Cup Final. 

On 12/03/2023 at 22:12, stressball said:

Only part of my bet that didn’t come up was Rangers getting a penalty.

When cantwell got halfed I thought it was happening but of course that dick Arfield scored off of it.

Cantwell seems to be made of crisp packets the way he gets blown over. 

Can't stand that type of player. If it's a foul the ref will give it, you don't need to toss yer hair and throw your arms in the air. 

Back in the bad old days players that did that got extra attention  for being lightweights. I did enjoy hoofing wingers into the air, but that was mainly because I was totally shite at the actual football. 

10 hours ago, Renfrewblue said:

Cantwell seems to be made of crisp packets the way he gets blown over. 

Can't stand that type of player. If it's a foul the ref will give it, you don't need to toss yer hair and throw your arms in the air. 

Back in the bad old days players that did that got extra attention  for being lightweights. I did enjoy hoofing wingers into the air, but that was mainly because I was totally shite at the actual football. 

He went to the school of Grealish Winging (I couldn’t think of a better word) by the looks of it. Get ball, hope for foul, fall over, hope whistle goes and repeat.

11 hours ago, stressball said:

He went to the school of Grealish Winging (I couldn’t think of a better word) by the looks of it. Get ball, hope for foul, fall over, hope whistle goes and repeat.

It's bloody frustrating as he's actually a good player, when he just concentrates on that. 

22 hours ago, stressball said:

I was thinking the same.

All he was lacking was the hair band.