Rangers v The Mighty Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ Scottish Cup QF

roverthemoon

On 06/03/2023 at 09:07, Michael W said:

Fear the worst here if Scott Brown (not that one) isn't fit. Granted there is always a danger of getting skelped in this fixture, going to Ibrox with a midfield best described as lacking a bit of strength and dig is the sort of thing that gives you nightmares. If he doesn't make it, I wonder whether there is merit in bringing Ngwenya into the side and either going with a back 5, or even putting Lang into a holding midfield role to add a bit of strength. Clearly this is not ideal, although playing without proper sitting midfielder seems like it is asking for a cricket score to be notched up. With Matthews out, the options are very limited. 

Well that idea's gubbed, then. 

I see from Ian Murray’s pre-match interview that Ethan Ross has a good chance of making it but Scott Brown is still a doubt for the game. Also mentions 2000 Rovers fans going to the game.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

I see from Ian Murray’s pre-match interview that Ethan Ross has a good chance of making it but Scott Brown is still a doubt for the game. Also mentions 2000 Rovers fans going to the game.

Two of them, that's all we need.

7 hours ago, bennett said:

Full strength team for this one and no fannying about,  we nearly went full banter against Partick Thistle. 

TBF your bench against Hibs midweek should be capable of beating us

I,d be happy if we score a goal

or two

From reports our squad is paper thin going into this. But then we did go up to Aberdeen with a thread bare team and win. This is pretty much Rangers only chance of silverware this season so suspect it’ll be a strong team we face. Just survive the first 20 minutes…

4 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

From reports our squad is paper thin going into this. But then we did go up to Aberdeen with a thread bare team and win. This is pretty much Rangers only chance of silverware this season so suspect it’ll be a strong team we face. Just survive the first 20 minutes…

I make it 17 at most…more likely 15 and 2 limited (Isma and Ross), and that’s hitting the knees and praying Brown is good to go.

Keepers: 
MacDonald,  Thomson (McNeil, who knows)

Backs: 
Dick, Lang, Masson, Millen (potentially iffy, but probably fine), Nolan, Young

Mids: 
Brown (questionable - ankle), Easton, Ross (fitness limited), Spencer, Stanton

Forwards: 
Connolly, Gonçalves (probable - groin), Gullan (assumed out, not mentioned - hamstring, consulting), McBride, Vaughan

6 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Think I remember reading that he passed away a few years ago.

Shame for the boy but he died a legend.

I’m not hugely confident. If you’re going to play Rangers away you really want all your best players available, injury free and on form. 

I’m still hopeful the remaining players can rise to the occasion and make a game of it, and I’m looking forward to my first trip to Ibrox in 27 years, come what may.

12 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Is this lad still in the land of the living?

If so, If I bump into him I want a selfie. Boy is famous.

”The Big Hoose must stay open” and open it stayed.

0FB66AF6-BF66-4F6C-8385-C343B69B4B8D.jpeg

I think this boy was eclipsed by the burd pushing the pram who was frantic about the inscribed brick she'd bought for her bairn at Ibrox.

15 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I think this boy was eclipsed by the burd pushing the pram who was frantic about the inscribed brick she'd bought for her bairn at Ibrox.

I missed her. Is she on YouTube?