🔵🔴🦅 The Caley vs Kilmarnock 🐿️🐿️

Stephen Malkmus

Doubt I'll make that one now. Feel for the Killie fans given it's the 352nd time in a row they seem to have had a game against us bumped to the Friday night but for myself and other central belt based ICT fans we're also a bit screwed with this one.

Looking forward to whatever jobber commentator they have on the BBC bemoaning the rubbish crowd without even a shred of self awareness.

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Why can’t all 4 games be on the weekend? The 2 days that the majority of the population have off work? 

BBC take the sat/sun lunchtime and Viaplay take the sat/sun late afternoon/early evening

I get the point about work but is there really much difference between a Friday night ko and a Saturday/Sunday lunchtime? 

Either one is still going to have a shite time for the Killie fans needing to get up/down the road.

A Sunday at 2-4 pm would have been ideal but never going to happen.

4 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Are you sure you get the point about work? An early morning drive/bus is a pain, but doable. Time off work isn’t doable for many.

Just as many work on a Saturday and Sunday as well now.

29 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Just as many work on a Saturday and Sunday as well now.

They do?

47 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Why do you want the game on a Sunday then?

Why not play it on a Tuesday at 3?  Why have the concept of a “weekend” at all?

14 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

They do?

Why do you want the game on a Sunday then?

Why not play it on a Tuesday at 3?  Why have the concept of a “weekend” at all?

I forget that the hospitality and retail industries all shut down on Saturday and Sundays.

I don’t want it played on a Sunday. It would probably have been the most ideal for travelling fans.

Friday or Saturday were the only dates I could make so I’m perfectly happy with it.

Its a Scottish Cup Quarter Final. All the games are on TV, this isn’t new news. It’s not going to be on a Saturday at 3pm so someone was always going to be inconvenienced from it.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

I get the point about work but is there really much difference between a Friday night ko and a Saturday/Sunday lunchtime? 

Either one is still going to have a shite time for the Killie fans needing to get up/down the road.

I get what you’re saying but I would say all games are scheduled to allow those who work the most common work pattern of Monday-Friday 9-5 to attend. Otherwise we’d have league games on weekday afternoon etc.

Kilmarnock to Inverness on a Friday night is maybe touching 4 hours in a bus? (Any Killie fans feel free to correct me)

If the game kicks off at 19:45 the bus needs to leave Kilmarnock at 3pm ish I think. Which would involve taking a half day off work. Any kids would need to be taken out of school early also.

However, if it was a Saturday 12:30 kick off. Bus leaving Kilmarnock at 07:45 ish (Any Killie fans again feel free to correct me) wouldn’t require any time off work and no kids needing to be pulled out of school early. 

It's a rubbish date and time as others have suggested, and why it can't be on a Saturday evening or a Sunday afternoon with the TV schedule I'm not sure. Hoping to take a half day and make it up to the game as I've been to the stadium before, but never for a game. As Squirrelhumper says, even with a rotten slot for the TV I think we'll bring a good away support since a place at Hampden is up for grabs.

8 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I forget that the hospitality and retail industries all shut down on Saturday and Sundays.

I don’t want it played on a Sunday. It would probably have been the most ideal for travelling fans.

Friday or Saturday were the only dates I could make so I’m perfectly happy with it.

Its a Scottish Cup Quarter Final. All the games are on TV, this isn’t new news. It’s not going to be on a Saturday at 3pm so someone was always going to be inconvenienced from it.

As somebody who runs a bus we'll easily fill our bus on the Friday. Doubt we would for midday on a Sunday. 

7 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I get what you’re saying but I would say all games are scheduled to allow those who work the most common work pattern of Monday-Friday 9-5 to attend. Otherwise we’d have league games on weekday afternoon etc.

Kilmarnock to Inverness on a Friday night is maybe touching 4 hours in a bus? (Any Killie fans feel free to correct me)

If the game kicks off at 19:45 the bus needs to leave Kilmarnock at 3pm ish I think. Which would involve taking a half day off work. Any kids would need to be taken out of school early also.

However, if it was a Saturday 12:30 kick off. Bus leaving Kilmarnock at 07:45 ish (Any Killie fans again feel free to correct me) wouldn’t require any time off work and no kids needing to be pulled out of school early. 

Bus would need to leave a good bit earlier than 745am. 

That's like leaving 1015am for a 3pm kick off. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As somebody who runs a bus we'll easily fill our bus on the Friday. Doubt we would for midday on a Sunday. 

I fully expect to see a big away support. You took over 1k to the game at the end of the season and think it will be similar if not more this time around too.