πŸ”΅πŸ”΄πŸ¦… The Caley vs Kilmarnock 🐿️🐿️

Stephen Malkmus

49 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Surprised you've only come to that conclusion.

Had my doubts last season. Been firmly of that view since Sept/Oct. Unfortunately its taken til now for there to be a serious clamour among enough fans to want him gone. Too late though and can only see us going back down.Β 

22 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Had my doubts last season. Been firmly of that view since Sept/Oct. Unfortunately its taken til now for there to be a serious clamour among enough fans to want him gone. Too late though and can only see us going back down.Β 

Killie were absolutely lifeless last night, no formation and not one player other than your goalkeeper showing any interest in putting a game together, when you got the ball the player just ran with it looking for support that was never there, hard for any fan to watch that.

42 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I thought we were better last night than the Livi game. We sat back and hit Livi on the break but last night we were on top for the majority of the game - from the Killie goal we were pretty dominant for about the next hour and if we’d scored more goals I don’t think Killie could have complained. Β 

For me Killie were so poor compared to Livi that for 80 minutes they handed the game to us, their league position compared to Livi reflected that so it wasn't too difficult to string some good passing together.

But truth be told we would have been difficult to contain last night with some other opposition.

I should have mentioned earlier but a well done and a bunch of attaboys goes to the noisy young fans.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Surprised you've only come to that conclusion.

Bristol City got rid.

Seven years at Aberdeen with a huge budget and only one League Cup to show for it, and he only won that on penalties.

That’s a wee bit disingenuous - his time at Aberdeen was for the most part very good.Β 
Europe every season, including some good wins on the continent - runners-up in league four times in a row (two with Sevco in same division) and plenty finals/semis. Look at the state of us since he left.

I do think he’s a good manager - and success will be keeping Kilmarnock in the top flight, which is something he actually achieved in his first season at Bristol City when they looked all but down.

Edited by tarapoa

Fantastic effort from all the lads was fearing the worst after going 1-0 down after just 3 minutes but we dominated the game from then on.Β 
Β 

Duffy and Harper were superb at full back, (Harper in particular kept Armstrong quiet) Devine and Deas were solid. Carson, Allardice and Welsh were very good in the middle of the park. Shaw had some nice touches. Jay Henderson ran the show and Billy Mckay done his usual holding the ball up against centre halves 6 inches taller than him.Β 
Β 

Only let down was missing the 2nd goal due to the pie queue taking donkeys.Β 
Β 

Off to Hampden for the 2nd time since being in the Championship, can’t complainΒ 
Β 

Β 

4 hours ago, tarapoa said:

That’s a wee bit disingenuous - his time at Aberdeen was for the most part very good.Β 
Europe every season, including some good wins on the continent - runners-up in league four times in a row (two with Sevco in same division) and plenty finals/semis. Look at the state of us since he left.

I do think he’s a good manager - and success will be keeping Kilmarnock in the top flight, which is something he actually achieved in his first season at Bristol City when they looked all but down.

Look I'm only being realistic here, not nasty or otherwise, the man had a bigger budget than most clubs.

Check your Trophy cabinet.

Coming second or trips abroad won't fill it.

Fact is Kilmarnock are at the bottom end of the Premier.

On 10/03/2023 at 21:24, RawB93 said:

"TORY PROPAGANDA!!" :lol:Β 

Β 

On 10/03/2023 at 21:26, itzdrk said:

I only heard the FIRES OF HELL bitΒ :lol:

Β 

Edited by RiG

On 11/03/2023 at 15:56, SandyCromarty said:

Look I'm only being realistic here, not nasty or otherwise, the man had a bigger budget than most clubs.

Check your Trophy cabinet.

Coming second or trips abroad won't fill it.

Fact is Kilmarnock are at the bottom end of the Premier.

If the only reason any of us ever went to football was a chance to win major trophies, nobody outside two (arguably one) club's fans would ever go to any league games.

McInnes did well on an admittedly good budget, that plenty others (including the most recent two) have shown they couldn't put to good use.Β  He'll be fine for Kilmarnock.

Edited by tarapoa

13 hours ago, tarapoa said:

If the only reason any of us ever went to football was a chance to win major trophies, nobody outside two (arguably one) club's fans would ever go to any league games.

McInnes did well on an admittedly good budget, that plenty others (including the most recent two) have shown they couldn't put to good use.Β  He'll be fine for Kilmarnock.

Any sport is based on success, no football club goes into a season convinced they'll win nothing, to suggest entering a competition just to make up the numbers is nonsense otherwise sport as such would not exist, from time immemorial people have contested in sport to win.

McInness won one League Cup in seven years and that was on penalties.

He knew himself it was time to go as his popularity would have severely declined by now.

He is now on a limited budget and that is reflected in Killie league position and there humiliating cup exit.

I've no more to say on it.

On 14/03/2023 at 09:06, SandyCromarty said:

Any sport is based on success, no football club goes into a season convinced they'll win nothing, to suggest entering a competition just to make up the numbers is nonsense otherwise sport as such would not exist, from time immemorial people have contested in sport to win.

A tad disingenuous to suggest that.

Half the EPL enter it on the basis that as long as they don't finish below 17th, they have had a relatively successful season. Cups are deprioritised with reserve teams to ensure this primary objective is met - but still 30K will turn up.

It's probably similar in our top flight with below 10th - albeit the Scottish Cup is seen as a bit more important, despite less than 3K being at Friday's QF.

7 hours ago, tarapoa said:

A tad disingenuous to suggest that.

Half the EPL enter it on the basis that as long as they don't finish below 17th, they have had a relatively successful season. Cups are deprioritised with reserve teams to ensure this primary objective is met - but still 30K will turn up.

It's probably similar in our top flight with below 10th - albeit the Scottish Cup is seen as a bit more important, despite less than 3K being at Friday's QF.

Probably a lot of truth in that....

Plus there are so many glory hunting Celtic / Rangers 'fans' up here : considerably more proportionately thanΒ  in England with Man U / Liverpool / Arsenal / Man City etc..........