🔵🔴🦅 The Caley vs Kilmarnock 🐿️🐿️

Stephen Malkmus

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Have a look at who 'runs' Whitbread and you'll find Inbev whose parent company is Anhauser Busch major political party donors.

Andy Harrison ex Whitbread CEO is a serious tory party donor and Brexiteer.

And our very own ex Hibs triallist Adam Grozier is Chairman of Whitbread though he keeps his political affiliations close to his chest but I bet my last penny there is tory and Brexit in there.

Give yer money to any large business in the UK and guess where their political aspirations lie.

Sleep well.

EKtAaVtXkAItsi7.thumb.jpg.d85e7b9722ba91afedf1ad23fca2755d.jpg

Suits us better being the underdogs but will probably not matter to Kilmarnock who have previous for knocking far better teams than the one we have now out of cups even when they are struggling in the top flight. Will there be a Worther's Loyal conga around the Main Stand if we are getting scudded 3-0 by half time?

21 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Suits us better being the underdogs but will probably not matter to Kilmarnock who have previous for knocking far better teams than the one we have now out of cups even when they are struggling in the top flight. Will there be a Worther's Loyal conga around the Main Stand if we are getting scudded 3-0 by half time?

Derek says aye to the killie pie doesn’t have the same ring to it 

43 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Christ that's taken be back some years at Rugby Park.

And then dark thoughts of one of our elder fans collapsing in the row behind us.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Minus 6 here just now with similar temperatures due over the next few nights as well. This could very well get called off as we don’t have undersoil heating, not that we would use it if we did.

If this was a league game they might as well call it off now but since we are expecting a big crowd they will be doing everything they can to get it on.

Don't blame you guys for being slightly concerned. The fact that the club put the covers down suggests that they will be doing everything to try and get the game on. I can never remember if we actually have USH or not anymore :lol: We definitely did a while back but I think some, possibly all of it, was removed so beyond the pitch covers we won't have much to to assist us in getting the game on.

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The USH has been disconnected.

On the bright side, and it is sunny this morning, I'm sure the groundsmen will definitely not be watering the pitch over the next couple of days!

Found this old piece which I think I've posted before and it sounds like some of the pipes have come out although some remain. Certainly not functional anyway so won't be any use over the next few days. best hope the covers do the job.

It's probably more the surrounding area/roads that will be more of a concern.  The police can call games off too due to ice/snow. 

26 minutes ago, RiG said:

Found this old piece which I think I've posted before and it sounds like some of the pipes have come out although some remain. Certainly not functional anyway so won't be any use over the next few days. best hope the covers do the job.

Pitch covers are a good method of protecting against frost but the level of effectiveness is defined by the amount of skins the cover has, three skins is obviously more effective than one.

That pitch item I've read before and it is as good a reference as you'll get.

Edited by SandyCromarty

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's probably more the surrounding area/roads that will be more of a concern.  The police can call games off too due to ice/snow. 

I'm sure the city roads will be well gritted, probably more concern will be for away fans having to travel on the higher reaches of the A9, though it is maintained by gritters it can soon be dangerous with winds driving snow across it, consider that the away fans would have to use the high areas of the road around midnight when temps do drop dramatically.

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Found this old piece which I think I've posted before and it sounds like some of the pipes have come out although some remain.

Should tell the board this so they will be ripping it out and down the scrappers.........good few quid for copper just now. Money troubles solved!!!

Edited by bdu98196