๐Ÿ”ต๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿฆ… The Caley vs Kilmarnock ๐Ÿฟ๏ธ๐Ÿฟ๏ธ

Stephen Malkmus

There has never been a 0-0 draw between Caley and Killie.ย  There was a run in the late 2000s, early 2010s when these games were regularly among the highest scoring fixture in Scotland, a couple of 4-3s, a 6-3 win for us and a couple of 3-3 draws.ย  The games last season weren't that at all, we won three to Killie's one, all of them were really tight, three 1-0s and on 2-1.

We have drawn them in the cup four times, Killie going through in 2001, 2010 and 2013 with us winning out in 2009.ย  The 2001 tie was memorable - Andy McLaren had a shot that hit the bar, bounced about two feet over the line but wasn't given, he then ran around in a fairly understandable rage and was sent off for booting someone.ย  We took the lead in the last minute but Killie equalised just after that.ย  The replay was abandoned due to a frozen pitch and there was controversy because it was alleged that Killie hadn't turned on the undersoil heating because people living around Rugby Park had complaind about the noise.ย  When the replay was played we lost 2-1, after taking the lead through Xausa (his last ever goal for the club before making the then well trodden move to Livi).ย  I'm sure Jim Calder saved a penalty in that tie, might have been the abandoned game.

I'm sure there are highlights of it all on YouTube, I'll have a look.

ย 

Some game.ย  Appalling decision by the linesman on McLaren's shot.ย  I was behind the goal and it was miles over.ย  I had forgotten about McBain's miss, what a sitter.

The same account has footage of the replay that was abandoned and the completed replay.

Edited by ICTChris

Thanks for sharing @ICTChrisย ย 

There was the feel of old school Scottish Cup Fever around the first game and late on in the third attempt there was the delight in witnessing an attempt on the British all comers record for the slowest ever sprint when McCoist and Mann matched each other stride for each thudding stride as they chased a ball down the inside left channel.

Excited for this, but absolutely no idea what day or time this will be on at since all 4 games will be on the telly, so no Saturday 3PM KOs. Who knows? As long as it's not a Friday night or Monday night it could be a fun weekend.

8 hours ago, Jack_Jarvis said:

Sunday 1245 making it almost impossible for Killie fans using public transport to get to the gameย 

TBH, unfortunately most timeslots would be shite for travelling fans unless it was 5/5.30pm KO on Sat or maybe Sun as there wont be any 2-3pm times for clubs like ours (either day). I'd think Fri or Mon night will screw over a lot of folks who aren't able to get off work and that's before public transport issues for return as stated.

ย 

ย 

10 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Excited for this, but absolutely no idea what day or time this will be on at since all 4 games will be on the telly, so no Saturday 3PM KOs. Who knows? As long as it's not a Friday night or Monday night it could be a fun weekend.

I feel like we will be either the Friday or Monday night (if that's how the KO times work for the QFs). The OF will get (one of) the Saturday and Sunday slots.

Edited by RiG

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

I feel like we will be either the Friday or Monday night (if that's how the KO times work for the QFs). The OF will get (one of) the Saturday and Sunday slots.

Youโ€™d like to think there would be a bit of common sense considering this is by far the largest distance fans have to travel so they would put this one on the Saturday or Sunday.

It will be the OF on the weekend and is on the Friday or Monday night if the same format is followed for this round.