Well v Well Rejects

6 hours ago, ropy said:

I thought there was a foul on the lead up to the St Mirren goal but I didn’t think it was the kind of thing that VAR should overturn.

Maybe I don’t understand it.

He hastily blew on seeing the ball trundle into the net so VAR wouldn’t have got involved in the piece of play. Whether that was a deliberate ploy by Beaton is anyone’s guess. 

Spoiler

It was

Edited by buddie06smfc

6 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I’ve just watched the highlights.  Reinforced my belief that John Beaton is a total c**t. Why was our equaliser ruled out?  There was never a foul. 

It wasn't ruled out.  The ball wouldn't have gone in the net if the referee didn't blow the game dead

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

He hastily blew on seeing the ball trundle into the net so VAR wouldn’t have got involved in the piece of play. Whether that was a deliberate ploy by Beaton is anyone’s guess. 

Hide contents

It was

That was a different ‘goal’

Sorry - but I'm not having that Johnston's goal was a fluke - looks completely deliberate and as the first replay shows, there was absolutely no 'Well players in his field of vision when he hit it. File it under "fucking belter" and move on.

13 minutes ago, Swello said:

Sorry - but I'm not having that Johnston's goal was a fluke - looks completely deliberate and as the first replay shows, there was absolutely no 'Well players in his field of vision when he hit it. File it under "fucking belter" and move on.

I get that this means I'm instantly seething/raging/hurting/crying or whatever variation you'd prefer....but that was quite obviously not his intention there. 

It ended up being a cracking finish, but there is absolutely no chance he has meant that.

For the record, we were absolutely dog shit and didn't deserve anything from the game.

Said in the other thread last night, I think he was as shocked as anyone that it went in, and I'm not saying he was specifically trying what ended up working, but I think he was definitely shooting.

3 minutes ago, Al B said:

Said in the other thread last night, I think he was as shocked as anyone that it went in, and I'm not saying he was specifically trying what ended up working, but I think he was definitely shooting.

Aye looking at his body shape he's obviously trying to shoot even if he wasn't intending to Van Basten it into that top corner, there's no chance that's actually an attempt at a cross.

12 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Aye looking at his body shape he's obviously trying to shoot even if he wasn't intending to Van Basten it into that top corner, there's no chance that's actually an attempt at a cross.

We call that a Jutkiewicz in these parts. 

10 minutes ago, Swello said:

No seething required :) But what was he trying to do if he wasn't shooting?

Exactly. Johnston is a fine crosser with both feet, that effort was meant, I think he realised Van Veen was arriving late and just went for it. I was actually convinced he was offside at the game but that was a well-timed run and well done to Goss for that pick out.

Is that what it's like to enjoy going to the fitba?  Seems like a long time since I felt that.

I think I enjoyed it even more that it was a complete shitfest in the second half.  As many have mentioned, good to see us being a bit more streetwise in how we seen it out.  Butcher's foul in St.Mirren's half as they looked like counter attacking being the perfect example.

Decided to stick a few quid on a Baccus/Liam Kelly to get booked double.  Never mind pointing at yer watch Beaton, get the fucking caird oot!!  Kelly was taking his time over everything and I was choking for him to get booked. Not to be sadly.

Disappointed in the guy for booing O'Donnell onto the  park.  His reasoning of "he should never play for us again" is a valid opinion to have (not that I agree) but booing a Motherwell player onto a park is the moronic behaviour of a c**t.  Not least when we're 2-1 up in the 91st minute.

4 minutes ago, Desp said:

I think I enjoyed it even more that it was a complete shitfest in the second half.  As many have mentioned, good to see us being a bit more streetwise in how we seen it out.  Butcher's foul in St.Mirren's half as they looked like counter attacking being the perfect example.

Butcher's was good, Casey's was better. St. Mirren breaking, the ball heading to Main, with Jamieson hurtling beyond him; 'That big c**t will not win that ball', from Casey was exactly what we needed.

How he somehow escaped a booking for it as well is something else.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

What was that tool Van Veen doing at the second goal?