Well v Well Rejects

2 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Thanks to St Mirren for 1/4 of our points total so far this season. Looking forward to our meeting in April or May. 

If Well stay up, you’ll definitely be thanking us as I’m guessing those 1/4 points came with your two worst performances of the year.

Strange game...we started well or St Mirren started slowly, two brilliant assists, one good finish and a fluke had us cruising until Butcher absolutely sold it.

Despite then sitting largely on our own box we looked relatively secure until we actually conceded a disallowed goal which looked perfectly fine. 

Ho hum. Deserved-ish, thank you agents Robinson, Lasley, Watt...you get the picture.

Referee was his usual inconsistent self, how he let Baccus away with four fouls and stonewall yellow before booking him for doing our boy like a kipper summed him up.

Anyway, good luck to the former 'Well XI, see you next season.

8 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

If Well stay up, you’ll definitely be thanking us as I’m guessing those 1/4 points came with your two worst performances of the year.

Just for the avoidance of any doubt, and for fans of all the other clubs that seem to be struggling to believe us, the best way I can explain how AWFUL we have been is to say that for the most part, we are really encouraged by tonight. That is us much much MUCH improved.

If anyone thinks that tonight is anywhere close to our worst performances of the year, then they really haven't been paying attention. And if the other game you're talking about as being one of our worst of the season is Hammell's first game, then I don't know what to tell you other than, maybe best avoid any Motherwell compilation videos come the end of the season. It's been immeasurably worse in between.

Edited by Al B

Aye, bad though the quality was, we've seen far worse in the last few weeks. Cant fault the effort though, vastly improved and hopefully they carry it on into Sunday vs Hearts.

Poor as we are, 6 points from 9 against the best St Mirren team of this century is a decent return.

5 minutes ago, Al B said:

Just for the avoidance of any doubt, and for fans of all the other clubs that seem to be struggling to believe us, the best way I can explain how AWFUL we have been is to say that for the most part, we are really encouraged by tonight. That is us much much MUCH improved.

If anyone thinks that tonight is anywhere close to our worst performances of the year, then they really haven't been paying attention. And if the other game you're talking about as being one of our worst of the season is Hammell's first game, then I don't know what to tell you other than, maybe best avoid any Motherwell compilation videos come the end of the season. It's been immeasurably worse in between.

In that case, thoughts and prayers, and you thoroughly deserve to enjoy your night!

(I did miss the first 35 minutes, so may have missed some decent play).

Shitfested that a bit but vast improvement in commitment and effort. Thought our young full backs, particularly Johnston, were excellent, as were the CBs. 

Goss also improved today, looked like he’d be instructed to shift the ball forward quicker.

Not convinced by Obika, for such a big unit, he doesn’t win an awful lot.

Also Tony Watt looks far short of the player that left us these days. During the latter days with us, he was involved in everything, fighting for every ball. Barely noticed he was on the pitch tonight other than the lead up to St Mirrens goal.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

We done nothing right the entire match, absolutely pathetic performance from ourselves.

As feared, we are missing Erhahon.

Are Main and Gallagher allowed to be called rejects again?

Or does that 1 half decent match against a team playing with ten men for 83 minutes the true match to judge?