Well v Well Rejects

6 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Interesting that this set of squad and manager romped to cup finals and 3rd with us but will struggle to a respectable 7th with St Mirren. Something intrinsically different about the two clubs. 

Nobody remembers runners up in cup competitions and lets face it, European football is wasted on Motherwell. 

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

Nobody remembers runners up in cup competitions and lets face it, European football is wasted on Motherwell. 

Not for the fans Munoz. I personally have had wonderful away days to France, Greece, Denmark, Romania, Finland Iceland, Wales and Ireland in the last 30 years. Unfortunately I missed trips to Germany, Russia, Norway and Spain and a few others. 

Please do tell us about all your away trips in the last 30 years. I would love to hear all about them………….well even one maybe…………🤷‍♂️😉

Edited by welldaft

42 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Not for the fans Munoz. I personally have had wonderful away days to France, Greece, Denmark, Romania, Finland Iceland, Wales and Ireland in the last 30 years. Unfortunately I missed trips to Germany, Russia, Norway and Spain and a few others. 

Please do tell us about all your away trips in the last 30 years. I would love to hear all about them………….well even one maybe…………🤷‍♂️😉

Ouch!!

9 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Interesting that this set of squad and manager romped to cup finals and 3rd with us but will struggle to a respectable 7th with St Mirren. Something intrinsically different about the two clubs. 

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Relax, nobody cares. 

In normal times with a home game like this, I'd be hoping for a win but I'm reduced to hoping that we could somehow score first before we lose 2 or 3 shite goals so that there is a hint of enjoyment.

Our support has held up remarkably well so far but I can see this one being an exception - so at least the booing won't be too loud for the players' delicate ears.

Basically, St Mirren's midfield is light years better than ours, so we lose - 0-3 (Main, O'Hara (pen), Watt).

2 hours ago, Lola montez said:

Please call them rejects, it worked for Willie Miller and Richard Gordon. 

Carson - released to allow him first team football as was second choice (never got it at Utd)

Gallacher - negotiated his way out of a contract extension , seemed to have downed tools, no guns involved

Tait - didn’t sign contract, offer reduced when Covid hit, St Mirren offered something better

Dunne - one year deal offered, St Mirren offered better

O’Hara - Alexander was reducing the size of the squad, I didn’t see an attempt by us to keep him

Main - can’t remember if there was an offer, the fans didn’t understand his contribution and didn’t care that he was gone

Watt - got money for him, Alexander didn’t seem bothered about losing him, fans would have kept him

Robinson - ran out of ideas, it happens

Lasley - at the time had nowhere to go, St Mirren job ticked lots of boxes, if he had waited six months he could have been team manager or general manager.

Is misfits a better term than rejects?

4 hours ago, welldaft said:

That's a healthy dose of telt right there. 🤣

5 hours ago, welldaft said:

Do pre season friendlies in England and Ireland count? 

Couldn’t give a flying fcuk if everyone, from Lasley and Robinson down, who once wore claret & amber is branded a reject. Watt has only just joined, so needs more time, but everyone now wearing black and white has contributed. Not one of them is branded a dud, a waste of a wage, a mistake, or a reject of any sort. Main for sure had a tough time initially, but once fully fit, has been at the very least a nuisance, leads the line well, and works hard too. We aren’t Brazil 1970 or prime time Barca’, but an absolute ‘no failures’ ratio is pretty impressive for a club like us. Very happy with our Lanarkshire rejects, thank you very much.