Well v Well Rejects

Good time to play Motherwell who already looked doomed for the drop and a few years in the wilderness,

With the added bonus to have a close look at some of their better players and see if any are capable of stepping up to a higher level to bolster our squad for next season, also gives Robbo the chance to try out a few of our fringe players with the 3 points virtually a formality and to rest a few of the players carrying knocks.. and have the players ready and fresh for bigger games ahead and the push for the Europa league  😊

That should get a few more Well fans off the couch to boost the gate 

Edited by Portmahomack Saint

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

Can Taylor play - is his red an immediate suspension or is it held over to next cup game?

It would appear that he can. He was sent off for offence A4 below, so it's the Scottish next cup game he's scheduled to miss.

He wasn't great against the green bigots, but was good v Hearts. Let's just hope Dunne is fit or was being rested.

image.png.49443e6106f8a6dd007499ab4f382ab4.png

Just now, flyingscot said:

I thought Taylor was solid enough. The red was very unlucky and I'd probably start the same team via Well. 

I felt that he got caught out of position a lot. However, he was up against the best attacking team in the league.

Looking forward to this. Fir Park is one of my favourite away grounds and I genuinely hope it's not the last time we're there for a few years. Well, like Killie a couple of years back, are long overdue an emptying though after being in the top flight for about 800 years.

Leave the resurgence 'til after Wednesday though, eh?

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

It would appear that he can. He was sent off for offence A4 below, so it's the Scottish next cup game he's scheduled to miss.

He wasn't great against the green bigots, but was good v Hearts. Let's just hope Dunne is fit or was being rested.

image.png.49443e6106f8a6dd007499ab4f382ab4.png

Regardless of all that malarkey, I don’t think there’s ever any justification to suspend someone after a red card for a handball in the box. He gets sent off and they get a penalty. Surely that’s enough punishment. Any more is way beyond proportionate. 

I didn't think there was much between the teams in the recent game at Paisley but Saints got the goal. Unfortunately, since then our performances have plummeted and I have no idea what sort of reaction we'll get out the players. Hopefully we can get a defender fit so we can try Butcher in midfield. 

5 hours ago, Desp said:

So we're expecting Carson, Gallagher, Dunne, O'Hara, Main & Watt to play against us on Wednesday?

f**k me.

Mental seeing that many former players in a team your coming up against, thing is though apart from Carson, Watt and maybe O'Hara to a certain extent. Did any of us really care when Dunne, Gallagher and Main left.

Fair play to each and every one of them, apart from Watt obviously, for ending up somewhere where it has worked out for them. Hope they all have howlers on Wednesday, be like old times.

8 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Happy to borrow a season ticket from any disaffected Motherwell fan out there. 

I suspect there would be enough to cover the entire away support. That is not a dig at the away support by the way. Just there are so many disenfranchised Well fans myself included.

Decided not to go through. 2 hours last time to get from Edinburgh to Fir Park for the St Johnstone game. Was there on Saturday too. Once our players decide to try and give a shit and put some effort into actually playing then so will I. 

Even with a new (temporary Manager) bounce I suspect our old team, Manager etc etc will have us reminiscing and wondering how we got o ourselves into this situation.

Hell I even think St Mirren will finish above us this season 😎

7 hours ago, Desp said:

So we're expecting Carson, Gallagher, Dunne, O'Hara, Main & Watt to play against us on Wednesday?

f**k me.

Too early to know how Watt is going to turn out for us.  The other four have been excellent; as of course has Robinson.  

Worth pointing out though that Main had a poor start for us.  The turnaround since Robbo has arrived though is nothing short of remarkable.  

Long may it continue!

Edited by Bobby_F

34 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Too early to know how Watt is going to turn out for us.  The other four have been excellent; as of course has Robinson.  

Worth pointing out though that Main had a poor start for us.  The turnaround since Robbo has arrived though is nothing short of remarkable.  

Long may it continue!

I really liked Main at Motherwell. In my opinion, he got a lot of unfair stick from Motherwell fans in his 2nd season. Maybe the purple patch he had when he first came in, in terms of goals scored, had people thinking we had the next Moult, but the work he put in creating space for Turnbull, Hastie & Ariyibi in that second half of 18/19 was great. 

The thing is, everyone of them (other than Watt) left Motherwell at a time which probably suited both parties but I'll tell you what, everyone of them would stroll into our XI right now. 

Edited by Desp

Heading through for this one and really looking forward to it.

Watt hasn't really shown much in the handful of games he has played but I am sure he will be desperate to do well against Motherwell. I know he is just getting his match fitness up to speed after not playing much recently. 

Hope we have enough fit defenders to keep Gogic in the middle alongside Baccus and O'Hara. Baccus has been very impressive again in his last few outings as has Strain on the right.

Grown a lot of respect for Kettlewell after listening to him on Sportscene as comes across as a knowledgeable and decent guy. Hopefully this game comes to quickly for him to sort out Motherwells problems 

This one and Saturday are massive games for us if we hope to finish in the top 6 as both very winnable games.

Edited by Mr Zo

5 hours ago, ropy said:

Is there a precedent for a guy stepping out of the Academy set up with a couple of days notice to manage a team against St Mirren?

What happened?

Last time you had to ask him to come back from Arran, this one was helping the ex manager to his car, rubbing his hands. 

It will be a slap in the face to the fans if the players suddenly hit form though, especially given he was a club legend. 

Probably best for everyone if we just take the points.