Well v Well Rejects

Don't see a thread, perhaps folks sidetracked by cup and, err, other issues.

Massive game for both clubs, but for very different reasons.

Third time this season Saints have played a team just after they've parted ways with their manager - so far one loss, one win.

Saints played well for 75 minutes on Saturday, but squad down to bare bones and we might see Gogic back in central defence.  Which would be a shame, not because he doesn't play well there, but we'd miss him in midfield.

That said, think Saints should have enough to win this. But... anything can happen after an underperforming squad gets the ultimate shake up.

Kettlewell's already pointed out the obvious himself, he needs to strip it back to basics, make us harder to beat and stop shipping soft goals.

The interim post is a free hit for him and if it doesn't work out he returns to his academy post, so if he really wants it he's got to be bold and make the changes in personnel and setup that Hammell couldn't/wouldn't.

As Kapowzer has just said though, achieving any drastic upturn with only 3 sessions before the game, and with what he has available to him is a massive ask for anyone.

We're getting pumped. Again. 

Our midfield of Baccus, O'Hara and Gogic was excellent on Saturday.

If we can avoid moving Gogic back into defence, as the OP mentioned, this will help greatly. If Dunne doesn't make it, then surely it makes sense for Captain Joe to play alongside Fraser and Gallagher.

I'd imagine Watt will start alongside Main, unless the injury that Greive suffered on Saturday clears up quickly.

Still not confident, as surely 'Well won't play as badly as they have in the last couple of games.

Plus Kelly always seems to have his best games against us.

47 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Our midfield of Baccus, O'Hara and Gogic was excellent on Saturday.

If we can avoid moving Gogic back into defence, as the OP mentioned, this will help greatly. If Dunne doesn't make it, then surely it makes sense for Captain Joe to play alongside Fraser and Gallagher.

Can Taylor play - is his red an immediate suspension or is it held over to next cup game?

Think fans of every club will claim that if another team is looking for three points then their club is the one that usually oblige.

We've done that ourselves more times than I care to remember over the years but we did buck the trend at Pittodrie a couple of weeks ago and if we play at the top of our game there's no reason why we can't twist the knife a bit into Motherwell.

Fully expect Kettlewell to strip things back a bit though and get back to basics. I got the impression Hammell had just reached the point where he was just throwing random bodies into the team and hoping for the best.

Kettlewell will surely realise for example that Obika (for all we love him) is nowhere near good enough or fit enough to play in the Premiership whilst the likes McKinstry should be starting every game (IMO).

I'm also a total outsider but I'd have thought the likes of Crankshaw and Dean Cornelius would bring a bit more energy to the team?

Sure Tony Watt will be desperate to start in this one and it looks very much like he will.