Cove Rangers vs Arbroath

30 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Where is the best place for watching the match for the away support ? East stand behind the goals or the North stand ?

I prefer a side on view so either opposite the main stand there is small "shelter" for away fans or opposite this there is standing space near the away dugout.

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

What happened?  Punting McIntyre seemed to be a popular call, bring Hartley back seemed sensible, and you have strengthened well.  How has it gone so badly wrong recently?

Arbroath have improved, and we can now score goals, but we still seem to be fragile and lacking that winning mentality.  Its all set up for Cove to send us down...

Freely admit that I thought replacing McIntyre with Hartley would be progression. Our loans being recalled, a few injuries and poor recruitment has made for a perfect storm. 

We've added 8 but many/nearly all aren't Championship quality. We also haven't added in crucial areas such as CB and CF. Notoriously difficult to get the right players in in January and so we've proved.

Yes agreed Arbroath definitely looking more capable going forward now. 

Our time will be short here if we stay PT imo. I think that is widely accepted amongst the Cove board of directors. We won't match 4 straight seasons like Arbroath. Hartley's openly said in interviews that the club want to go FT (likely hybrid) this year. Risky financiallly, risky for sustainability given the currently small fan base and no guarantees it works in our favour. Need more than money to be successful

7 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Assume that Stewart will be wide right midfield with Hilson and Adarkwa up front.

Surprised to see Hilson start, thought we might have gone with Bobby or El-Mhanni as a wide player.

You mean a goal scoring wide player who creates goals?  That would be lunacy.

Just now, timlichtie said:

A convincing win today would have been good but it’s probably more important that we didn’t lose. 4 points behind with 10 games to go is far from terminal. I won’t be giving up on survival yet. 

Disagree. It was a must win and ti be honest we never looked like winning the game. 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Disagree. It was a must win and ti be honest we never looked like winning the game. 

If Bobby Linn’s shot had gone in rather than hitting the bar it might have been a different story. I agree we didn’t look convincing but credit due to the boys for fighting back to salvage a point. We have been favourites for the drop most of our time in this league. The players won’t have given up with plenty of points to play for.

Just now, timlichtie said:

If Bobby Linn’s shot had gone in rather than hitting the bar it might have been a different story. I agree we didn’t look convincing but credit due to the boys for fighting back to salvage a point. We have been favourites for the drop most of our time in this league. The players won’t have given up with plenty of points to play for.

That’s all well and good but how can you or any Lichtie have confidence we will get out of this mess? As we have both said we didn’t look like winning the game