The Ton v Dundee, 17/2/23

Great win, and probably should’ve had it wrapped up earlier than we did. Dundee are an absolute gang and Imrie has Bowyer completely in his pocket.

Morton are abrasive, but this idea that they’re big, physical Pulis-era Stoke like mercenaries just isn’t true. They’re direct, but not in the way many seem to assume.

Think tonight was a very good example of how organised our pressing actually is, and how aware everyone in the team is of their roles in/out of posession, and in transition. 

We’ll do very well to keep hold of Grimshaw. He just shouldn’t be at this level, so will enjoy him whilst we can.

7 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

What?

From my seat, I saw two totally committed teams with total respect for each others abilities - with every player turning up and completely going at it from the outset until the death. A  game between two almost-identically-matched teams, where one out-of-the-blue goal was always going to be the decider. An exciting, hugely entertaining game of fitba whose result was never going to be 100% certain until the final whistle. Are you sure you weren't watching a YouTube replay from 1963?

Ignore Sandra the resident moron. She's just raging because her favourite sheep left for pastures new.

Well that was a good win for us against a shite Dundee team. Great to put some Dungdee fans that think they are better than they actually are back firmly in their box.

Edited by gmfc

Deserved win for Morten, however we still missed an open goal to level the match.

Doesn't derail our promotion hopes in any sort of way so you can have your overcelebrations and enjoy them. We'll continue on to lifting the trophy come the seasons end.

Onto next week for us.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Clearly on a fishing trip. 

But the absolute nick of that post ffs jesus wept. 

Girfuy 

Don't know what you could argue with about my post.

Dundee played well below par.

Morten were hardly good.

I personally wouldn't take 1 Morten player at Dens.

Not fishing, just an opinion.

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Fucking state of this. Dearie me.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Morten were hardly good.

You 2 should give it a rest you lost fair and square. The rest of your support must be squirming at some of the shite you are posting on here embarrassing them.

2 hours ago, tonup9 said:

Well that was easy

no more comments from the scumdee fans who said they would coast this last night

its went all quiet

7 minutes ago, gmfc said:

You 2 should give it a rest you lost fair and square. The rest of your support must be squirming at some of the shite you are posting on here embarrassing them.

One saying we are quiet, one saying we post too much.

I doubt my Dundee brethren care about my posts tbh.

At least you could argue with the points on my post.

28 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Morten were hardly good.

Going by your performances against us this season, we wouldn't take any of your lot either...

Dundee were well below par because Morton didn't let them play well. Morton players were simply better all over the park.

We owned Dundee there.  They huffed and puffed but we always looked the more likely team to score the second goal.  Grimshaw bossed the midfield, Blues was exceptional and what a goal that would have been from him if Dundee's MotM, the keeper whose name I can't remember and certainly can't spell, hadn't pulled off an excellent save. Baird dominated the airways.  We fully deserved that win - if only we could be as dominating against the Arbroaths and Hamiltons of this division.

Edited by Alibi