Scottish Cup 23 Quarter-Final Draw

PauloPerth

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

Without wanting to sound like I'm making excuses, I think we suffer that we're rarely underestimated by the OF which is why Patrick can almost get a result at Ibrox due to complacency, whereas we get stuffed.

I think there is something in this. It's always billed a a big game, and it's maybe easier for them to be up for.

Also, it's perhaps easier from a set-up point of view to be a side who generally plays defensively to come up against the OF and just play your normal game. All you're focussing on is doing it well. When we play the OF, we're playing a different way to how we play every other game, and that must add a level of difficulty.

It'll be interesting to see if more exposure to European games and the style of play that involves against better sides sees us develop this. It's a shame that the injuries we had earlier in the season robbed us of the chance to work on this in the tougher games we had. It's a bit of development lost.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Friday, 10 March 2023 (Kick-off 7:45pm) - Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Kilmarnock | Live on BBC Scotland

Saturday, 11 March 2023 (Kick-off 12:15pm) - Heart of Midlothian v Celtic | Live on Viaplay

Sunday, 12 March 2023 (Kick-off 1pm) - Rangers v Raith Rovers | Live on Viaplay

Monday, 13 March 2023 (Kick-off 7.45pm) - Falkirk v Ayr United | Live on BBC Scotland

I assume the police vetoed Hearts v Celtic kicking off at 5.30pm.