Motherwell's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Motherwell's next permanent manager?  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 17/02/2023 at 20:59, ATLIS said:

Kris Boyd doing columns/articles about the great injustice of Motherwell and Aberdeen overlooking Martindale for these jobs. I don't think it's ever occurred to him that he's probably not too interested in either,

Someone raised this in another thread a few months ago - is his criminal record a problem for travel through Europe? I've wondered if that's the reason he's never mentioned for these posts, and if Martindale himself feels that Livi is as big a job as he'll ever likely get.

Edited by CoF

29 minutes ago, CoF said:

Someone raised this in another thread a few months ago - is his criminal record a problem for travel through Europe? I've wondered if that's the reason he's never mentioned for these posts, and if Martindale himself feels that Livi is as big a job as he'll ever likely get.

You can travel to Europe without a visa so can't see it being an issue.  

43 minutes ago, CoF said:

Didn't stop Declan Gallagher getting to Israel with us - and making a total c**t of it when he got there.

The big thing for Kettlewell now is the very obvious rebuild Motherwell will be looking at next season- his record of singings is at County was very unpredictable. And even a lot of his better ones aren't that great (Laidlaw, Randall).

7 minutes ago, Comrie said:

The big thing for Kettlewell now is the very obvious rebuild Motherwell will be looking at next season- his record of singings is at County was very unpredictable. And even a lot of his better ones aren't that great (Laidlaw, Randall).

The issue that any County manager has (as was shared at our AGM) is attracting players. County have to pay a 20% premium to get guys to relocate. Our league is already seen as a backwater by too many down south and that's just the central belt. But recruitment will be easier in theory to what he experienced before.

We do lose a few players this summer but coincidentally a number are those who have underperformed or blow hot and cold so it works out well, there's two I'd look to definitely retain and 3 playing to show what they got in the remaining games. definitely a working job interview over the next few months. Add in 4 guys signed on short term deals or loans I'd look to do business with. The long term players he has make a good spine of a team (Kelly, Slattery, Blaney, Butcher, Van Veen), the first two we'd be looking to offload this summer for cash however.

His main priority in the summer will be our mercurial search a left back and a good chance of having to source a right back too.