Motherwell's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Motherwell's next permanent manager?  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why is he fucking about in Scotland's League One then?

He'll be fucking about with your club and Motherwell next season, taking points off both no doubt.

OK - so we've reached the point where the hack's mates/contacts all mysteriously drop out of the running and we're down to the actual shortlist. I had never heard of Grant McCann before - so I'm guessing it will be him.

Switching from Sky to Virgin today, so last night i was going through the old recordings on the sky box and there it was John Hughes' finest moment and it was at Fir Park....

Motherwell 6 Hibernian 6

How did I forget he was the manager for that game. Only said the word 'boys' 17 times in his post match interview.

28 minutes ago, Al B said:

I hadn't heard of him either, so i had a wee look on his Wikipedia:

Screenshot_20230216_142642_Chrome.thumb.jpg.596285755fff9d381173e045b0573c5f.jpg

Screenshot_20230216_142713_Chrome.thumb.jpg.96bbd5ecf5e73deeba919d88736c07b1.jpg

Screenshot_20230216_142735_Chrome.thumb.jpg.518b5c1ad2fd110218e740c776d4172c.jpg

Screenshot_20230216_142750_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2956968b63e2a544cd10284fd155bf1d.jpg

Mentioned this over in our thread.

The Hull relegation was kind of unfortunate or at least there's some context. It was the Covid season - they sold Jarrod Bowen to West Ham late in the window and brought in the bold Jimmy Scott as one of his replacements (who was then immediately injured). At that point they were comfortably mid-table in 14th.

Then the shutdown happened and when they re-started 4 or 5 of their key players opted not to sign contracts that would have allowed them to play the remaining fixtures and instead became free agents.

Pretty sure he got them promoted again at the first time of asking.

Edited by capt_oats