East Fife vs Dumbarton

Outcome?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/02/23 at 15:00

Absolutely nothing to lose here now. Get Rusty on early in the second half and start going for it.

Surely we aren’t just going to sit in and hope a goal magically appears here when Stirling are well on the way to dropping all 3 points.

Not at the game today, but I'm concerned by the way we set up and by 1 of the injuries.

McNiff is a big miss. Hopefully he won't be out for any length of time. Doesnt do much going forward, but defensively he's solid. Our settled back 4 have looked great all season (that 1 game in Stirling being the only real exception) and losing McNiff to injury would be a blow. I'd also be interested to hear how Love is playing? I just don't think Love works as a central midfielder. Our strongest 3 when fit would arguably be Blair, Wilson and Gray. Wilson isnt available through injury and McKee isnt ready to start games. I don;'t think Love in there works at all. I've thought that we need to change things for a few weeks now and I suspect that will be the same following today's game.  We also really can't afford any more injuries as we're down to the bare bones.

Need to hope that McNiff isnt out for long. Maclean is well worth replacing Wylde for a spell, but McNiff would be a big miss. We also need help from our injured midfielders returning. I wouldn't have Ally Love in the side right now. I'd rather we changed shape and went with McLean up front and Wallace playing between him and the midfield.

Stirling losing and being down to 10 men. It's only 1 goal. We need to do something positive in the 2nd half and go for it.  We need to take at least a point, if not all 3, when opportunities like this arise.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

11 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

They say Champions grind out results so today we need to show that. Annan have helped us so we need to take the opportunity to get the three points.

The manager should be looking to make a change to take the game to EF.

Well we have 3 strikers on the pitch now so hopefully we can create something for one of them. 

3 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Pish performance and result.Binos seem to know how to play for 95 mins and dont give up.

This has been my fear recently. Some cracks appearing for us but it is clear that Stirling have a certain never say die attitude that we perhaps lack... could be the difference between us.

2 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

All the people asking for us the change to two up front aren’t considering how it affects our passing lane etc. In the modern game it’s a formation that pretty much forces you to go long in possession and you must have pace to play off flick ons. I’m very impressed with Farrell for being stubborn in his shape that is clearly working.

Additionally unless we high press it will leave us vulnerable to overloads in midfield (as happened time and time again v Stirling Albion). The team we’ve built I really don’t would be suited to regularly high pressing. I’m quite happy with us sitting in the low block and pressing in small spells. The low block I’d the reason the likes of McNiff and Buchanan have been so solid this season.

So many modern day football cliches in 1 comment 😂

I think a result like this has been coming for a few weeks now. Whilst we have been winning, performances have been poor and there’s been a big slice of luck involved in some of those wins, particularly last week when Annan couldn’t hit a barn door. It’s been clear as day the starting 11 has needed freshining up in the last few weeks, there are a handful of players being picked purely based on being part of a winning team whilst contributing very little and eventually that will bite you on the arse. It also does little to inspire players when guys are guaranteed a start regardless of individual performance levels. If football was as black and white as sticking with a winning team we could all be managers but it’s not that simple. But hey ho, if you dare suggest any of the above you are simply a moaner! We don’t need to play 3 up front or go gung ho but starting with potential match winners on the bench and starting guys who are off the boil just makes no sense to me. We don’t really seem to adapt, we just stick with what we’ve been doing regardless of the opponents, players being in/out of form or conditions. That worries me and I don’t think it’s a trait of a title winning team.

All the momentum is now with Stirling and they just seem to have an edge about them that we don’t.