Queen’s Park vs Raith, 17/2/2023

I thought about heading through but I’m full of the cold and the thought of standing outside isn’t giving me a thrill.

It would lift my spirits to hear we’ve managed another win, but I’ll need to wait until next Friday to see the Rovers again.

COYR.

19 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I thought about heading through but I’m full of the cold and the thought of standing outside isn’t giving me a thrill.

It would lift my spirits to hear we’ve managed another win, but I’ll need to wait until next Friday to see the Rovers again.

COYR.

Early days yet, but the forecast next week is 75% chance of rain and about 7c.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Going along tonight, not been to Ochilview for a good few years. I think we played a league cup tie against Stenny under McKinnon where we got beat and one of their players scored an absolute raker from about 40 yards. Are we behind the goals? 

We were the last time aye, so presumably the same again. 

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Going along tonight, not been to Ochilview for a good few years. I think we played a league cup tie against Stenny under McKinnon where we got beat and one of their players scored an absolute raker from about 40 yards. Are we behind the goals? 

Aye away fans get the terrace behind the goal

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Early days yet, but the forecast next week is 75% chance of rain and about 7c.

You could stick your heid out the window and let us know the weather but I guess it wouldn't be representative.

I've stopped going to as many away games recently, but that Goncalves backheel/Easton nutmeg last week tipped me over the edge earlier today. Interested to see how things pan out tonight given there's not really been much between the teams (as mentioned, that 5-2 game was pretty incredible given the deflections on a couple of the goals for Queens). 

28 minutes ago, renton said:

You could stick your heid out the window and let us know the weather but I guess it wouldn't be representative.

But, for you, it would be a fair guess…here it’s sunny and 8c, doubt that’s like Ochilview.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Second Round, Petrofac Training Cup, 18 Aug 2015…Stennie 2-0 Raith, Thomson got a red near full time, Aitken was the Ref, the goal would be Stirling’s from about 35 yards.

Match Report:  https://www.raithrovers.net/20845/stenhousemuir-2-0-raith-rovers.htm (or a terse BBC version) https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/33858079

I'd obviously like us to win tonight, but whatever the result I'll be overjoyed that I'll never have to see that Simon Murray goal jpeg that Queens were using on Twitter. 

I don't know what it is specifically, but the way his tongue is hanging out of his daft mouth is grotesque. 

I celebrated his sale to Ross County like a Rovers goal in a cup final. Significantly improved my quality of life. 

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

I'd obviously like us to win tonight, but whatever the result I'll be overjoyed that I'll never have to see that Simon Murray goal jpeg that Queens were using on Twitter. 

I don't know what it is specifically, but the way his tongue is hanging out of his daft mouth is grotesque. 

I celebrated his sale to Ross County like a Rovers goal in a cup final. Significantly improved my quality of life. 

Here for this level of pettiness. Good work. 

37 minutes ago, MC_Lachlan said:

is there a stream for this tonight?

Don't think QP are allowing Raith TV to stream the game, pretty sure it's audio only so you will be struggling, there is always hope *and certain websites*. I'll be on the lookout shortly 🤪

Can confirm it is raining. Not torrential like the Challenge Cup game though. Like others it feels like our unbeaten run might come to an end tonight. But then the optimist in me is telling myself that Akio and Conclaves have solved our striker issues and last week was the turning point in our season. What a fool. 

4 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Don't think QP are allowing Raith TV to stream the game, pretty sure it's audio only so you will be struggling, there is always hope *and certain websites*. I'll be on the lookout shortly 🤪

Those certain websites are showing the link to the game, fingers crossed it goes live