Queen’s Park vs Raith, 17/2/2023

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Why do I get the feeling this will be the game where we're brought back down to earth with a bang?

I get the feeling one of us will be brought back to earth with a bump. Would love our incredible journey to continue but I just don't think we have the strength in the squad to see out the season. We play delightful football at times but I am not sure we can win ugly, when needed, which is a talent you have got to produce to get to the top. Very tough game and and I just hope we can edge it.

Edited by williebraveheart

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

Why do I get the feeling this will be the game where we're brought back down to earth with a bang?

What are you talking about? We're never losing again until the play offs. It'll be like Murray's Airdrie run last season. 

Maybe.

On 14/02/2023 at 09:42, Paco said:

Are we verging on having too many attacking options? Gullan, Akio and Isma will all feel they deserve to play up front and we only play one. Stanton and Vaughan both deserve to play behind, but only one can (if Vaughan is back). We might end up with Vaughan/Gullan being pushed wide to accommodate players but Easton and Connolly pick themselves on current form. And we have Connor McBride there too who suddenly is actually doing quite well, and the unknown of Ethan Ross coming back at some stage. Nice problems to have of course but Ian Murray has a hell of a juggling act coming up I think. 

I feel like Isma is going to be really interesting. All of the number nines we've used this season (Gullan, Connell, Akio, Vaughan, even Frederiksen) have been of a similar profile. Busy workers who'll drop deep and go wide and do a lot of running to get involved. If there's one thing the Livi fans all agree on, it's that we'll not get much running from Goncalves. 

That might just be what we need, though. A proper focal point for the rest of our attack to buzz around. And with ready made replacements for pretty much all of those attacking roles, there's a real chance that teams find it very difficult to handle, when we turn it on and it clicks. 

I don't expect that'll happen every week, or even more weeks than not, but there's a better variety - and balance - to the attack now than there's been at any other point of the season. 

Isma doesn't actually need to be individually brilliant, I think he'll being a whole new dimension just with his particular style. 

4 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

I feel like Isma is going to be really interesting. All of the number nines we've used this season (Gullan, Connell, Akio, Vaughan, even Frederiksen) have been of a similar profile. Busy workers who'll drop deep and go wide and do a lot of running to get involved. If there's one thing the Livi fans all agree on, it's that we'll not get much running from Goncalves. 

That might just be what we need, though. A proper focal point for the rest of our attack to buzz around. And with ready made replacements for pretty much all of those attacking roles, there's a real chance that teams find it very difficult to handle, when we turn it on and it clicks. 

I don't expect that'll happen every week, or even more weeks than not, but there's a better variety - and balance - to the attack now than there's been at any other point of the season. 

Isma doesn't actually need to be individually brilliant, I think he'll being a whole new dimension just with his particular style. 

This is actually it. A little bit after he came on he was wide to the Pratt St side, and about 12 yards off the end line. Then instead of trying to cut in with the ball or fling up a cross, he held the ball up, kept a couple of Well players busy, and then found the pass out to one of the players that had come forward to help him out. That sort of holdup play was what we hoped to get from Connell, but mostly didn’t. It’s a type of play that Gullan and Vaughan aren’t suited to. That was what we thought Little John might provide…and didn’t.

4 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

I feel like Isma will probably infuriate fans but I'm actually OK if he's the type who will leave the running to others and have a couple of moments where he'll burst a gut. 

I'm still working overseas so asked QP on Monday about a stream but have received no reply. Raith TV saying they could offer the service but it's the home clubs decision and they would work with their preference. 

Mention of a midweek planning meeting so maybe hear something later in the week. Shows how times moved on that we now expect to see games overseas. 

Would take a draw and happy to have the 2 teams sign off a 1-1.

6 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

I'm still working overseas so asked QP on Monday about a stream but have received no reply. Raith TV saying they could offer the service but it's the home clubs decision and they would work with their preference. 

Mention of a midweek planning meeting so maybe hear something later in the week. Shows how times moved on that we now expect to see games overseas. 

Would take a draw and happy to have the 2 teams sign off a 1-1.

They’ll at least have audio, so there is that.

Otto’s coming to the game…at least the pitch is well drained, but calling for rain near assured during the match and a yellow wind warning for during the day, stopping before kickoff. Even with the wind dropping, sounds dreadful for our type of fitba…but I guess it could be worse, Gayfield in a gale for instance.

On 14/02/2023 at 19:03, williebraveheart said:

I get the feeling one of us will be brought back to earth with a bump. Would love our incredible journey to continue but I just don't think we have the strength in the squad to see out the season. We play delightful football at times but I am not sure we can win ugly, when needed, which is a talent you have got to produce to get to the top. Very tough game and and I just hope we can edge it.

On 14/02/2023 at 19:03, williebraveheart said:

Sorry I buggered my initial response. We have to accept we might come down with a bump. The heroics of the team were tremendous last week. Hopefully we don’t get a scudding like we did after beating Celtic in the League Cup. I think it was against Killie. 

26 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

We drew with Ayr after the League Cup final. You're maybe thinking of after the Uefa Cup tie in Munich. Kilmarnock absolutely horsed us the weekend after that. 

That was it, memory going with old age

2 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

We drew with Ayr after the League Cup final. You're maybe thinking of after the Uefa Cup tie in Munich. Kilmarnock absolutely horsed us the weekend after that. 

Horrific game that.  My first (and so far only) trip to Rugby Park.  Conceded 5 and then failed to take advantage of Gus McPherson being in goals for almost the whole second half.

Making my first ever trip to Ochilview for this tonight.  Really need a win to get back in to the playoff hunt and am confident we'll do it.  With a cup final and a trip to Ibrox coming up there's a few players who'll be looking to cement their starting place so even more motivation for them.