Kelty v Queens

Strange, felt reasonably confident at half time with majority of possession, and chances with very little  from Kelty. Second halve a positive substitution  from Kelty and negative changes from Queens and its came over (and Season over). Paton had his usual miss when he should have scored but the team really didn’t look like scoring. Thought number 22 for Kelty was very  good and the type of player Queens need.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Have the 5 Bartley signing made us better .

We are supposed to be fitter 

We are better coached. 

The answer is NO to all that .

Bartley talks very well but have not seen any improvement. 

Will give him the benefit for now but in the summer after a  clearout there has to be a massive improvement in what will be his squad. 

Seriously?  He's been in the job for 6 weeks!  What were you expecting?

Edited by Slipmat

Absolutely no improvement under Bartley - that second half performance was as bad as anything under WG. Total rudderless ship - the obsession with a back 3 continues, playing young LG at wing back is madness and still zero leadership on the pitch. We sign a RB and then don’t play him.

Bartley’s wholesale substitutions made us worse - nobody knew where they were meant to be playing and the central defence was horrendous once again. Manager certainly talks a great game but we still can’t beat anybody other than FCE and the bottom 2.

A dreadful result and performance.

10 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Seriously?  He's been in the job for 6 weeks!  What were you expecting?

Surely right to expect at least a slight improvement especially when Bartley has signed 5 players .

That 2nd half was probable our worse performance of the season getting  worse instead of better. 

I've basically posted the same in the QOS thread but for as bad as today was, there have been several clear signs of improvement since Bartley came in, and nothing is every 100% plain sailing. What matters is the average level of improvement across the season, even if some days are just a write off for all involved.

100% still behind Bartley here.

49 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Surely right to expect at least a slight improvement especially when Bartley has signed 5 players .

That 2nd half was probable our worse performance of the season getting  worse instead of better. 

I get that today was a sore one to take, but prior to this game he brought us back-to-back wins in the league for only the second time this season and we took an in-form team from the division above us to extra time in a cup tie.

Give him a chance!

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

Our attitude was poor, won no second balls and only Dobrowski, Brydon, Cochrane and Paton got pass marks. 

I thought Brydon was shocking tbh. He was usually the deepest lying defender in the first half and a few balls played through were onside because of him. Thought he struggled to deal with the attack down the left early on. Potter must have clocked it as he seemed to move Agyeman to his side in the second half which duly worked. He was absolutely done for the first goal and struggled after it. 

I'm certainly not saying he's a terrible signing though as it's early days. I just wasn't impressed at all with his performance today. Paul McKay managed to be even shitter though. 

1 hour ago, sneeuq said:

Paton had his usual miss when he should have scored...

What one? At 1-0 where he fell to his knees after it? I didn't expect him to score that tbh. Kelty got a couple of bodies in the way pretty quickly. 

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Total rudderless ship - the obsession with a back 3 continues, playing young LG at wing back is madness and still zero leadership on the pitch. We sign a RB and then don’t play him.

I actually thought it was a back 4? Hendrie/East/Fraud/Brydon? 

50 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

I've basically posted the same in the QOS thread but for as bad as today was, there have been several clear signs of improvement since Bartley came in, and nothing is every 100% plain sailing. What matters is the average level of improvement across the season, even if some days are just a write off for all involved.

100% still behind Bartley here.

Indeed. You can't polish a turd. There can't be anyone who seriously thought he'd turn this mob around? 

FWIW this "no improvement under Bartley" is utter nonsense IMO. Did no one watch the warm up today? Night and Day to WG and AJ. Great tempo and some decent drills. Looked far more professional. 

We were beaten 3-0 so it counts for nothing, I know. But it shows that things will be different next season. If he can ship out the shite and bring in some competent players then that kind of groundwork put in place by Bartley will reap rewards IMO. 

Cochrane was the only one today that got pass marks. Brydon, Todd and Murray were hopeless. Kabia unlucky with header but boy is he lazy. When are we going to stop playing young Lewis as a wing back he is getting exposed to often on the defensive side. Play him further up the park it will be so much better. 

24 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Cochrane was the only one today that got pass marks. Brydon, Todd and Murray were hopeless. Kabia unlucky with header but boy is he lazy. When are we going to stop playing young Lewis as a wing back he is getting exposed to often on the defensive side. Play him further up the park it will be so much better. 

I felt sorry for both Kabia and Paton today tbh. I didn't think the former was particularly lazy, I just don't think they received any service. At one point Paton dropped to about the half way line, picked up the ball, played it out wide to Gibson who played in a decent ball that the keeper dealt with comfortably because our strikers were too deep to be in the box. Summed up our afternoon. 

36 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

When is Murray anything other than hopeless. 

His first spell he was never the finished article but this stint is just a utter slog and he's at a lower level. 

In fact, it's sometimes easy to forget we're having to put up with this crap in a lower division against players who work for a living. 

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

FWIW this "no improvement under Bartley" is utter nonsense IMO. Did no one watch the warm up today? Night and Day to WG and AJ. Great tempo and some decent drills. Looked far more professional. 

I think it's maybe the bit after the warm up that people are looking for improvement in.

FFS the guy has been in 6 weeks inheriting one of the worst squads in our history Ancelloti couldn’t do anything with that lazy, cowardly and talentless bunch. Judge the bloke on next season once he gets his own men in. For me Dobrowski and  Brydon have been excellent since signing ( I thought the latter was head and shoulders above the other defenders today), Logan looks promising as does Kabia in patches. It’s the other clowns that WG signed that are the issue. Willie had the worst success to failure ratio in signing of any manager in our history

22 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

FFS the guy has been in 6 weeks inheriting one of the worst squads in our history Ancelloti couldn’t do anything with that lazy, cowardly and talentless bunch. Judge the bloke on next season once he gets his own men in. 

Who exactly are you getting angry with here?

I don't think anyone seriously disagrees with you.

If you read earlier in the thread Greenacres and Rjc to name but two. IMHO we have shown improvement but will be a bumpy road with this playing staff. I just feel for Marv who had been handed a rotten hand and was really annoyed watching that gutless shower of players today. I’ve watched this club for over 50 years and that lot will shuffle off at the end of the season having given us zero commitment….

11 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

If you read earlier in the thread Greenacres and Rjc to name but two. IMHO we have shown improvement but will be a bumpy road with this playing staff. I just feel for Marv who had been handed a rotten hand and was really annoyed watching that gutless shower of players today. I’ve watched this club for over 50 years and that lot will shuffle off at the end of the season having given us zero commitment….

Greenacres is best placed on ignore for a vastly improved forum browsing experience. 

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think it's maybe the bit after the warm up that people are looking for improvement in.

That's what I said. My point is that he's bringing a bit of professionalism to the place though and that warm up was far more intense than anything we've seen recently. Once he has time to bring in actual football players I think the two things will go hand in hand very well. 

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

Brydon have been excellent since signing ( I thought the latter was head and shoulders above the other defenders today).

Are you related to him? I honestly can't believe you thought he was good today. He was very shaky in the first half, cost us the second goal and was then run ragged by the big guy up front for Kelty. 

As I said earlier, I think he'll be a good signing with a decent experienced player beside him but he was one of our weaker performers today. 

Nope just my opinion. Isn’t it what footballs about. He didn’t have his best game but far better than hand ball Hendrie, substituted McKay and East who looked shaky. I don’t agree he had a terrible game. He didn’t give away the pen, Wilson made the crucial error for the second suckering  him and to be honest the whole defence was a shambles for the third. He was our best defender today ( admittedly not saying much)