Hamilton Academical v Raith Rovers: THE FINAL

accies1874

Aye, seems poor planning to have started selling tickets right next to each other based on likelihood of selling out the allocations. Surely would have made sense to keep the 2/3 nearest the middle for the Rovers to spill over if needed. 

Shame that some fans will miss out. But good to have the sections we got full. Should be a good atmosphere. 

Also its great to see how much the fan base has reconnected after McGlynn and co fucked us over. Think last year we only had about 2.3k sold by kick off! 

Looking forward to the day out!

I was quite surprised that we didn't go down the route of "we've sold <insert number> of tickets for the SPFL Trust trophy final". I've seen a few complaints that folk hadn't bought tickets yet,  although there's been plenty of advertisement that they've been on sale.  When the arrangement was announced,I didn't expect us to sell out our allocation so waited for the general sale to ensure I'd get 3 together.

We advertised for season ticket holders that they could only buy two tickets. But when I went on Tuesday someone in front of me bought seven tickets, no one asked to see my season ticket or anything either. The guy could have been getting all them for season ticket holders but he certainly wasn’t the only one buying bulk tickets. Anyway, really pleased we have sold out. shame there isn’t a fourth stand, FFS Falkirk!! 

2 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Aye, seems poor planning to have started selling tickets right next to each other based on likelihood of selling out the allocations. Surely would have made sense to keep the 2/3 nearest the middle for the Rovers to spill over if needed. 

Shame that some fans will miss out. But good to have the sections we got full. Should be a good atmosphere. 

Also its great to see how much the fan base has reconnected after McGlynn and co fucked us over. Think last year we only had about 2.3k sold by kick off! 

Looking forward to the day out!

If Accies have only sold 700 tickets, then you would have thought something could be done. No point having nearly 4000 empty seats.

8 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

We advertised for season ticket holders that they could only buy two tickets. But when I went on Tuesday someone in front of me bought seven tickets, no one asked to see my season ticket or anything either. The guy could have been getting all them for season ticket holders but he certainly wasn’t the only one buying bulk tickets. Anyway, really pleased we have sold out. shame there isn’t a fourth stand, FFS Falkirk!! 

When I bought Linlithgow tickets, guy in front of me wasn't a season ticket holder, but clearly knew the person behind the desk, and was able to buy tickets no problem.

8 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

If Accies have only sold 700 tickets, then you would have thought something could be done. No point having nearly 4000 empty seats.

Pretty poor sales for Accies so far, I know it’s only the Diddy Cup but you’d still expect more than your usual home gate to go for a chance to see your local team lift a wee trophy and a day out.  How many season ticket holders have Accies got? Seems like zero interest from anyone in Hamilton outside their main fan base. Difficult to organise more tickets for Raith fans if they’ve not been sold in sections but it’s the SPFL who’ll be losing the cash. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

45 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Pretty poor sales for Accies so far, I know it’s only the Diddy Cup but you’d still expect more than your usual home gate to go for a chance to see your local team lift a wee trophy and a day out.  How many season ticket holders have Accies got? Seems like zero interest from anyone in Hamilton outside their main fan base. Difficult to organise more tickets for Raith fans if they’ve not been sold in sections but it’s the SPFL who’ll be losing the cash. 

Accies now sold 900+ so looks like will end up with 1200-1500. No too bad for a club with 330 season ticket holders and a board who have done nothing to advertise the game to non regulars 

Plus ticket office has only been open 10-4 on weekdays so no use if you work full time. Should sell a few at the game on Saturday.

Edited by FuzzyBear

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You could always drive through to Hamilton and get one from them.... 

I will wait and see if more tickets are realesed but will go to Hamilton for one of need be. If both clubs have been given 3400. There should still be another 1000+ unreleased tickets as the stadium holds 8k.

Main Stand holds 4k and stand behind goals hold 2k each.  In theory there should be around 600 tickets left for Rovers, guess it comes down to how much room for segregation, Media, hospitality etc.

There will be a chunk of tickets held back for sponsors and players families etc. Hospitality also comes into play. 

I also suspect but could be wrong that the ‘top tier’ of Falkirk’s main stand is unsold. Would be good for the club to state if they’re trying to do anything about it though. 

Always happy for both clubs to get an equal allocation for a cup final but maybe, with a bit of hindsight, both clubs should’ve been told to sell one stand at a time. At the moment it looks like 2000 empty seats in one end, and Rovers fans locked out at the other. Seems silly. 

17 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Poor sales so far because of the restrictive opening hours of The Ticket Office and the near non-existent Publicity for the game-never mind the availability of tickets.

There has been no late night selling of tickets,no weekend sales and the Ticket Office shuts at 4pm...now up to 5pm lol.

Plenty folk I know who are going have been unable to even get down to get tickets due to the restricted hours.

No such problems for the forthcoming River City Night at the Stadium...I kid you not as this has had more Publicity and easier access to purchase tickets.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

Good effort from the Rovers fans. My best guess considering the initial allocations and stadium layout is something like the below, with the extra tickets almost definitely being those sections in green. I'm not sure why the upper tier is lopsided like that but it has always been that way.

Worth noting that the north stand can easily be split 50/50 as we have done it many times in the past for home games as there are turnstiles and exit gates on both gables with a separating wall in the concourse. Surely Hamilton haven't sold tickets in every section for that? SFA policy has been 'sell out 1 block, open 1 more up'  for ages now. Can't see any reason why they couldn't put Raith fans in there next

Screenshot2023-03-16at09_23_20.thumb.png.65fb42d2fc7a6a6d5dfaa5287fc82a6b.png