Hamilton Academical v Raith Rovers: THE FINAL

accies1874

Forget about the game for a moment;seeing the Accies players spend all night in The Bay Horse  still in their strips having a bevvy and a sing song while helping out behind the bar made the day for me.

I left them at 12:30 am and they were all singing walking down past ML3 Pub en route to The new Hamilton Palace still in their strips...full kit wankers lol.

Game should have been Saturday.com

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

I have officially crunched the numbers...

21st century honours:

- Motherwell: 0

- Albion Rovers: 1

- Airdrieonians: 2

- Hamilton Academical FC: 4

We are officially the pride of Lanarkshire, and it's not even close. I didn't think it was fair to count our numerous Champions of Oban titles as the rest aren't prestigious enough to play in that. 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

That red card was a disgrace and yet another example of why VAR is a necessity in football.

Maybe the second ref watching on TV also thinks it’s a red card. Would you then be criticising VAR?

I’m not sure what the Accies boy was up to anyway. What sort of challenge is a ‘hands in the face professional foul as your running past’ challenge? 

In real time at the game I thought he could be off, and he was. Didn’t surprise me.

Lol at the commentator (Cammy?) - “I’m unsure, I think he’s just put his hand in his face.”

The perfectly reasonable and accepted hand in the face challenge.

I notice Alba is now in HD. Hallelujah! Good skills. It’s now watchable again.

I’ll maybe put myself through watching it again. 

Edited by Scary Bear

5 hours ago, Donathan said:

That red card was a disgrace and yet another example of why VAR is a necessity in football.

The only thing worse than a decision like that going against you is when the VAR looks at it and also gets it wrong.  

Get VAR to f**k. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Congratulations Hamilton deserved winners on the day, got there tactics spot on and we didn't, our first half performance has been as poor as it has been all season lumping high balls to Isma just wasn't working and leaving our best player Connelly out of the starting line up was a mistake, really disappointed and I wonder if an air of complacency within the team contributed to a poor performance?

Anyway we lost Accies won and it leaves us with a very outside chance of the play offs to play for, onwards and hopefully upwards!!!

Haven't read the full thread so don't know if anything about ticketing has been mentioned. My mates Dad is a Raith fan but didn't know until the day if he'd be able to go so hadn't bought a ticket. Turned out he could go so he went along expecting to get a ticket on the day. Was told he couldn't buy one and couldn't get in. He  went home. I presume the Raith allowance wasn't sold out. If so what a way to treat fans.

8 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Haven't read the full thread so don't know if anything about ticketing has been mentioned. My mates Dad is a Raith fan but didn't know until the day if he'd be able to go so hadn't bought a ticket. Turned out he could go so he went along expecting to get a ticket on the day. Was told he couldn't buy one and couldn't get in. He  went home. I presume the Raith allowance wasn't sold out. If so what a way to treat fans.

Raith allowance was sold out.

10 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

It was sold out, and the two extended allocations we got sold out as well

10 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Raith end was sold out, had been for a while, and was all over social media and the website etc for the best part of a week.