Hamilton Academical v Raith Rovers: THE FINAL

accies1874

43 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Spoke  to a guy down earlier today and it was sitting at  1850 and expected to top 2000 by 7pm.

Very little advertising of the game, crazy Ticket Office hours apart from this week and zero advertising in the town-especially the kids go free deal.

All this and our worst team in 20 years and it is better than many expected and to be honest,they should be selling them tomorrow and Sunday morning.

2,000 is a decent effort considering the obstacles that have been put in the way. As you say, they should be selling them tomorrow but looks like a crowd of 6,000 plus by the time the hospitality etc is added on. 

It's many a year since a Rovers v Hamilton match attracted a crowd like that... 

50 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Spoke  to a guy down earlier today and it was sitting at  1850 and expected to top 2000 by 7pm.

Very little advertising of the game, crazy Ticket Office hours apart from this week and zero advertising in the town-especially the kids go free deal.

All this and our worst team in 20 years and it is better than many expected and to be honest,they should be selling them tomorrow and Sunday morning.

Maybe the board are expecting fans to be watching on one of Jan Stepek's TV's.

5 hours ago, Raithie said:

Interesting item on the Rovers match preview on the official site. If game goes to pens the ref will decide which end the pens will take place (no coin toss). Down to his discretion taking into account potential crowd incursions. 

Would be worth going to pens just to see Colin Steven trying to work out which end is the lesser of two evils !

2 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Considering how bad Hamilton have been recently that is a really good effort. Of course I'll still be singing " you couldn't sell all your tickets" at the match :)

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Any thoughts on our potential line up for tomorrow?

Murray was saying he was settled on 10 of the starting line up so I'm guessing the only question mark surrounds whether Connolly gets back in the team, and if so, who drops out. 

I think Connolly will come in for Vaughan. It’s harsh on Vaughan, but him coming off the bench with 30 to go is a great ace to have up our sleeve. 

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think Connolly will come in for Vaughan. It’s harsh on Vaughan, but him coming off the bench with 30 to go is a great ace to have up our sleeve. 

That's the way I'd be leaning too. Harsh on Vaughan particularly after last week, but if Connolly is fit he has to play and Stanton offers a bit extra in the no 10 role. 

6 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Accies sold over 2000 now. 

I’ll take back what I said about they should have given us more tickets, fair play to the Accies fans for overcoming the Club’s stupidity in marketing and hours.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Any thoughts on our potential line up for tomorrow?

Murray was saying he was settled on 10 of the starting line up so I'm guessing the only question mark surrounds whether Connolly gets back in the team, and if so, who drops out. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

59 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That's the way I'd be leaning too. Harsh on Vaughan particularly after last week, but if Connolly is fit he has to play and Stanton offers a bit extra in the no 10 role. 

Stanton at the 10 is, I think, a good reason for a decent amount of our threat. He is a hard worker with a nice vision and touch, and certainly has come on strong with Matthews out when in a more AM role, he’s just not a happy DM. The Connolly/Vaughan issue is, as noted, a difficult one. From what I can see, Vaughan’s threats recently have been coming in from deep and wide, where Connolly has been doing his best from a deeper position and the edge of the box. Vaughan’s conditioning seems recovered, so that’s out for making a difference, but as Ro Sham Bo notes, I do think Connolly offers a bit more graft, if a little less guile, than Vaughan.

If we go back to last week, here’s the starters: MacDonald, Dick, Nolan, Spencer, Vaughan, Lang, Stanton, Brown, Easton, McGill, Gonçalves. Obviously MacDonald, Dick, Nolan and Millen (for the Cup tied McGill) are in…Lang is an outside possibility for the eleventh, but the way IM talked, while not specifically addressed, it seems he’s fine…so that’s 5. Brown and Spencer makes 7, while Gonçalves certainly showed enough up top, that’s 8. Stanton we agree on, and Easton has proven a worthy starter too, that’s the 10…so, yea, Vaughan looks the odd man out for Connolly. Here’s the real question though, would you pull Connolly for Vaughan in the last 30, or would Vaughan more,likely replace someone else, probably Gonçalves?