Hamilton Academical v Raith Rovers: THE FINAL

accies1874

16 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Good effort from the Rovers fans. My best guess considering the initial allocations and stadium layout is something like the below, with the extra tickets almost definitely being those sections in green. I'm not sure why the upper tier is lopsided like that but it has always been that way.

Worth noting that the north stand can easily be split 50/50 as we have done it many times in the past for home games as there are turnstiles and exit gates on both gables with a separating wall in the concourse. Surely Hamilton haven't sold tickets in every section for that? SFA policy has been 'sell out 1 block, open 1 more up'  for ages now. Can't see any reason why they couldn't put Raith fans in there next

Screenshot2023-03-16at09_23_20.thumb.png.65fb42d2fc7a6a6d5dfaa5287fc82a6b.png

When did we say the East Stand was officially coming in future

29 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Good effort from the Rovers fans. My best guess considering the initial allocations and stadium layout is something like the below, with the extra tickets almost definitely being those sections in green. I'm not sure why the upper tier is lopsided like that but it has always been that way.

Worth noting that the north stand can easily be split 50/50 as we have done it many times in the past for home games as there are turnstiles and exit gates on both gables with a separating wall in the concourse. Surely Hamilton haven't sold tickets in every section for that? SFA policy has been 'sell out 1 block, open 1 more up'  for ages now. Can't see any reason why they couldn't put Raith fans in there next

Screenshot2023-03-16at09_23_20.thumb.png.65fb42d2fc7a6a6d5dfaa5287fc82a6b.png

Accies have definitely sold tickets for C, D, E and F.

53 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

When did we say the East Stand was officially coming in future

We've always had Planning for a stand there the same size as the south and the north, though very much doubt it will be built unless we're back in the Premiership and have been for a while, or someone wins the Euromillions. Then there's the corner pods...

Screenshot2023-03-16at10_27_44.thumb.png.88d23cbabe6e633fe887c2a607575e20.png 

42 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Accies have definitely sold tickets for C, D, E and F.

I suppose Raith fans could still get section A & B as it can be split in any configuration, but doesn't seem logical to have the Accies fans split up on either side

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We've always had Planning for a stand there the same size as the south and the north, though very much doubt it will be built unless we're back in the Premiership and have been for a while, or someone wins the Euromillions. Then there's the corner pods...

Screenshot2023-03-16at10_27_44.thumb.png.88d23cbabe6e633fe887c2a607575e20.png 

I suppose Raith fans could still get section A & B as it can be split in any configuration, but doesn't seem logical to have the Accies fans split up on either side

It would be a cracking stadium if it was ever completed to that extent, unlikely as it may be.

32 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It would be a cracking stadium if it was ever completed to that extent, unlikely as it may be.

I thought there was an issue with building a stand due to being within the blast zone of the refinery or something.

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

I thought there was an issue with building a stand due to being within the blast zone of the refinery or something.

That was the case when the stadium was first build, however has since been conveniently re-zoned when Asda wanted to build a new delivery depot further down the road, so no issue with developing that land now 

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

That was the case when the stadium was first build, however has since been conveniently re-zoned when Asda wanted to build a new delivery depot further down the road, so no issue with developing that land now 

Wonder if Asda used their own envelopes 

25 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Accies have apparently sold 1400 tickets and today's debacle won't encourage many others to go 

That’s a decent number, more than it looked at one point. Not sure the crowd split makes much difference. We won the League Cup in 94 outnumbered three stands to one, same at the Challenge Cup in 2014. After today, really looking forward to this. 

18 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Well up for this after today's win. 

Should be a cracking day. 

It will be a cracking day out for sure...as for the football, well from our perspective, this could be embarrassing.

We have regressed badly the last three games culminating in yesterday's game where Ayr should have scored 5 or 6.

I don't recall a team anywhere in recent memory going  into a Final in such wretched form.

1 minute ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

It will be a cracking day out for sure...as for the football, well from our perspective, this could be embarrassing.

We have regressed badly the last three games culminating in yesterday's game where Ayr should have scored 5 or 6.

I don't recall a team anywhere in recent memory going  into a Final in such wretched form.

It's a bit similar to last year when we played QoS who were in similar trouble at the bottom. The only difference this year is that we are going into the match in better form than we did last season, where we were in pretty much relegation form for the second half of the season. 

We also have that very good record against Accies since they came down. 

So, Accies win it surely will be then.... 

2 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Depends what form you are talking about. Over the last 4 games, I see your point. Over the last 8 games though…

F3602071-D58C-446E-8A73-C697356FCBA5.png

And so, it is time…

Accies form, which picked up in late January, has fallen again…after a WWDWW league run they've gone LDL in the last three against Queen’s Park, Arbroath and Ayr. The Rovers seem to have found an effective, if not classically elegant, CF in Isma, if the game versus Cove can be trusted. As others have noted, IM has a possible selection conundrum with Masson having proven capable at Ibrox if a Millen is less than fully fit…but as we see below, even a 70-80% Millen is likely to start.

So we know Ngwenya is supposed to be off, Young and McGill are cup tied, Millen is hopefully back near 100%, but Lang might be an issue. McNeil may be out, and MacDonald may have a (minor?) knock that hasn’t been stopping him, Matthews and Gullan are out and McBride and Connolly are probable.

So, where does that put us…

MacDonald (Thomson)

Millen, Nolan, Lang(?), Dick (Masson the only spare…get well Tam!)

Brown, Spencer

Stanton, Easton, Vaughan…or do we put in Connolly (if healthy), and for whom?

Gonçalves

That leaves a bench of Thomson, Masson (we hope), Ross, McBride, Akio and Connolly/Vaughan.

My oh my that’s a thin bench…that great feeling from Saturday is suddenly laying a bit heavy in the stomach as I ponder Lang’s condition.

Edited by TxRover

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

And so, it is time…

Accies form, which picked up in late January, has fallen again…after a WWDWW league run they've gone LDL in the last three against Queen’s Park, Arbroath and Ayr. The Rovers seem to have found an effective, if not classically elegant, CF in Isma, if the game versus Cove can be trusted. As others have noted, IM has a possible selection conundrum with Masson having proven capable at Ibrox if a Millen is less than fully fit…but as we see below, even a 70-80% Millen is likely to start.

So we know Ngwenya is supposed to be off, Young and McGill are cup tied, Millen is hopefully back near 100%, but Lang might be an issue. McNeil may be out, and MacDonald may have a (minor?) knock that hasn’t been stopping him, Matthews and Gullan are out and McBride and Connolly are probable.

So, where does that put us…

MacDonald (Thomson)

Millen, Nolan, Lang(?), Dick (Masson the only spare…get well Tam!)

Brown, Spencer

Stanton, Easton, Vaughan…or do we put in Connolly (if healthy), and for whom?

Gonçalves

That leaves a bench of Thomson, Masson (we hope), Ross, McBride, Akio and Connolly/Vaughan.

My oh my that’s a thin bench…that great feeling from Saturday is suddenly laying a bit heavy in the stomach as I ponder Lang’s condition.

What's this about Ngwenya now?

Our bench will be the strongest it's been in the Challenge Cup since the Morton game. Jamie, Lang and Millen all fine. Not sure about McBride.

Edited by pantene proV

6 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

What's this about Ngwenya now?

Our bench will be the strongest it's been in the Challenge Cup since the Morton game. Jamie, Lang and Millen all fine. Not sure about McBride.

Ngwenya traveled to the training camp with Malawi and made it back just before the Cove match. Next Malawi have two matches coming up on the 24th and 28th…I haven’t heard if he’s going or not, have you?

Hopefully you’re correct about Lang, he seems the most questionable.