Hamilton Academical v Raith Rovers: THE FINAL

accies1874

5 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

If Dundee had made it through to face Hamilton, I imagine they would have been looking at McDiarmid or East End to host the final (grass pitch).

Seeing as it's Rovers, I'd think Falkirk and Livingston would be the two most likely options. Falkirk is better in the sense that there are lots of pubs near Grahamston station, with the bonus it'll annoy them having loads of Fifers in their town on a Sunday afternoon.

What’s it called? Cumbernauld!

Or Airdrie again.

Edited by Scary Bear

They'll almost certainly play it at an artificial surface roughly halfway between the two clubs which means it will be either Livingston or Falkirk probably. Airdrie's an outside shout but there were a few issues behind the scenes last year and it's far nearer Hamilton so only likely to be considered if the other two were unavailable. Likewise Broadwood as they'll not use a stadium which isn't used by a League member by choice. Clearly the likes of Stenhousemuir whilst geographically reasonable are not big enough. As grass pitches East End (too close to Raith anyway) and Perth (both clubs heading North) are unlikely even without other issues.

Livingston have no 1st team game that weekend as an international weekend (acknowledge the women's game noted above but they'll get that moved if need be I'd imagine). Falkirk are playing on the Friday night which isn't ideal but a full clear day to get the stadium ready before a Sunday final is achievable. I'd have said Livingston was more likely but I know they weren't massively interested in hosting it last year so perhaps Falkirk is the more likely answer.