Hamilton Academical v Raith Rovers: THE FINAL

accies1874

All eyes will be on [venue not yet determined] as the two biggest questions of the Scottish football season will be answered. 

Can Raith make it 3* in a row, or will we end our long trophy drought to become Lanarkshire's most decorated club in the 21st century? 

We've been resoundingly pumped in every game between the sides this season, but Reghan Tumilty and Dario Zanatta will be recreating this pre-match to send us to victory:

I've had my fill of stressful Accies-Dundee matches so I'm just glad it's Raith and not them. 

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

I think Falkirk could be a shout for the final ?

It would certainly look better on TV than Livingston. Helps that you can split our main stand down the middle, at least the lower tier anyway. The upper tier is a bit lopsided with more hospitality boxes and media towards the north end 

17 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

It would certainly look better on TV than Livingston. 

Only because you don’t see the missing stand?

Presumably any money due from hosting the final would go to the council rather than the club?

Edited by Enigma

I think Falkirk would end up with three half full stands, whereas Livingston would have two side stands full with section-by-section overflow behind the goals if needed. Probably better for atmosphere.

Falkirk the better day out though by a country mile. 

43 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

forthbank 

Would be class. Especially if they opened up the terracing so you could stand behind the goals. 3,808 capacity, they’ll go for something bigger.

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, Paco said:

I think Falkirk would end up with three half full stands, whereas Livingston would have two side stands full with section-by-section overflow behind the goals if needed. Probably better for atmosphere.

Falkirk the better day out though by a country mile. 

You want atmosphere, Prestonfield was pretty nice…just saying.

How many do we realistically see wanting to attend?

1 hour ago, ScottR96 said:

Don’t think you can underestimate the SPFL’s ability to put this at the worst stadium possible so I reckon it’ll be a 3 horse race between Livi, Airdrie and Broadwood.

Depends how close to Hamilton they want to play the match. Between the two, Falkirk and Livi are obvious…McDiarmid would likely have a shout too, like New Broomfield, if they don’t mind closer to one or the other.

38 minutes ago, TxRover said:

How many do we realistically see wanting to attend?

Think we took about 2500 to the cup final last season and even then the stand that runs the length of the pitch at Airdrie wasn't full. I'd envisage we'll be looking at a similar number, maybe slightly more if we're still on a decent run of form. Hamilton, who knows. Wherever it is (Livi, Airdrie, Falkirk, McDermid) is more than big enough for both sets of fans. Can't see it being played in Perth. Livi or Falkirk would be my best bet. Would rather it wasn't Airdrie.

The final is on the 26th of March, right? Our womens team have a home league game that day I'm sure. Could be moved but it does seem to be booked that day

Edit: Yep, home 3pm kickoff v Rossvale

Edited by ATLIS

Excellent. Anyone know when they will announce the venue? I assume promptly, after they get an agreement, and surely they had a list compiled of possible locations before these games. With the Semi pairings being west on one side and east on the other, surely a look at those midpoint stadiums had already been done.

Almost exactly the same time (40 mins) for both sides to get to Livingston. Unless the Livi wimmens game throws a spanner in the works then it doesn't make sense to hold the game anywhere else. Falkirk is maybe the only other sensible option. It's never hosted a final before. Hopefully if it was picked they would set up a camera podium on the empty side so we can pretend the final isn't being held in a mickey mouse stadium.

If Dundee had made it through to face Hamilton, I imagine they would have been looking at McDiarmid or East End to host the final (grass pitch).

Seeing as it's Rovers, I'd think Falkirk and Livingston would be the two most likely options. Falkirk is better in the sense that there are lots of pubs near Grahamston station, with the bonus it'll annoy them having loads of Fifers in their town on a Sunday afternoon.