Airdrieonians vs Dunfermline

Maybe being pesimistic but would take 2 points from the double header, 3-4 would be great given our results against Edinburgh and Dunfermline's record. 

I'm a fan of McCabe, was good to try something different rather than just picking someone off the usual list, agree with above posters, once you've made that call you need to give him two full seasons.

Perfect time for a shameless plug ahead of this double header. If you haven't already, catch up with Andy Smith as we chat about the final game of the 95/96 season where dirty, dirty Airdrie tried their dirty best to stop our promotion party, how the move to Dunfermline came about and just generally lots of Pars/Airdrie chat https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11899392

17 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Mentioned this in the falkirk thread but the next three weeks feels like it could define the league (and definitely airdries season). 

I'm of the opinion that we have zero chance of winning the league, even if we we win the next 3 games. Still 5 clubs chasing 2 play offs slots (I doubt Falkirk will collapse like previous seasons) so our games against these clubs are arguably of more importance.

Agree though that poor results in our next 3 games could be damaging as after that there is a trip to Dumfries.

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

I'm of the opinion that we have zero chance of winning the league, even if we we win the next 3 games. Still 5 clubs chasing 2 play offs slots (I doubt Falkirk will collapse like previous seasons) so our games against these clubs are arguably of more importance.

Agree though that poor results in our next 3 games could be damaging as after that there is a trip to Dumfries.

Of course we are not the favourites by end stretch of the imagination, however, i do think on our day we can beat anyone in the league. We are just too inconsistent and almost certainly dont have the depth. However, if we beat Dunfermline both times over the next two games then its down to 4 points which is a huge psychological hit to them. If they remain unbeaten against us then its definitely the play offs for us. This is the chance for the players to show where they should be. I think we then play Falkirk away so another huge game. 

If yer asking on what i think will happen is we will pick up 4 points from the next 3 games and it will fall down to Falkirk and Dunfermline to battle for the league. However, we are allowed to dream! 

10 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Perfect time for a shameless plug ahead of this double header. If you haven't already, catch up with Andy Smith as we chat about the final game of the 95/96 season where dirty, dirty Airdrie tried their dirty best to stop our promotion party, how the move to Dunfermline came about and just generally lots of Pars/Airdrie chat https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11899392

Hope you're not too worried about the hat-trick Andy Ryan scores on Saturday, it will be his first of the season but I'm sure he's about to come good!

11 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Hope you're not too worried about the hat-trick Andy Ryan scores on Saturday, it will be his first of the season but I'm sure he's about to come good!

😆😆😆😆

We got that one wrong! 

Also completely forgot that this was recorded before the original date for Saturday's game. So much for our signing wishlist and Falkirk not putting together a decent run.

On 09/02/2023 at 08:59, da_no_1 said:

I'd take 4 points right now if offered & there should be no meltdown if that were the case. These are 2 tough games coming up.

Tough as Airdrie are probably the best of the rest, but there is still a fair gulf in quality. We should be aiming for 6 points, but 4 would be ok. 

I said over on our thread, Dunfermline have cracked what it takes to win this league - be hard to beat and consistent. Been so long since both played; I’m not even going to try and guess how this one will end up. Hope for the best - we’re capable of some lovely football and starting to look much more secure at the back. Should be a good crowd and I hope an entertaining 90 mins.