Airdrieonians vs Dunfermline

13 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

image.thumb.png.7041eb276e7bbc5cab5a650f44e96bf1.png

There’s been a lot of controversy over the 2 games. 

Pars Review video was really good and I still think Rae’s first yellow was a bit much  (or that you have to give more yellows out than the three that he did as the Dunfermline players went in pretty heavy handed to get the ball back). Correct practical decision probably a blast of the whistle, tell everyone to hurry up, stop the watch until play restarts to avoid the intended time wasting.

For the second yellow and penalty, looks offside from the highlights.

Does it not come off Watson? I don't think the Dunfermline player plays it.

Good point caller!!!

I should have realised Dunfermline’s big heefers couldn’t play such a good through ball!! Well played to the officials in that case.

I see Rhys saying the penalty shouldn’t have been given. Can’t agree with that. Striker goes down like a ton of bricks under minimal contact, but if the keeper comes that far, slides in and doesn’t won’t he ball then that’s going to be given. 

so on all the calls across both games

chopped off goal - enough contact that the striker should blame himself

Rae Hand ball - keeper lucky not to get his second yellow. From still images it’s very tight to the line but if you give the free kick you should give a second yellow.

smith handball - most controversial call. From Airdrie highlights I thought it was the wrong call. Dunfermline camera showed the arm flailing out more clearly though and Red was well placed… Airdrie didn’t appeal it.

2nd Game

Rae First yellow - holds onto the ball so can’t really complain - albeit 2 Airdrie yellows and 1 Dunfermline one seems unfair from the highlights!

Rae Second Yellow - cute from the striker but contact so a foul and second yellow all day long these days (much like the chopped off goal in the first game. Don’t need much contact.

Offside Claim on penalty incident - it’s Watson (Airdrie) who plays the ball backwards so no offside.

They didn’t do too badly on the big calls then?!

C1D77892-4090-4ECE-BABC-C69BD221E140.png

6 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

The ref wasn't anywhere near as pish as we were yesterday 

Do us a favour next week 

Need to do ourselves a favour to get back on track for a play offs finish.

We’ve got a good record against the Bairns and, as you’ve seen, when we click we can score goals against anyone. Kevin Keegan school of defending at times though! 

2 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Need to do ourselves a favour to get back on track for a play offs finish.

We’ve got a good record against the Bairns and, as you’ve seen, when we click we can score goals against anyone. Kevin Keegan school of defending at times though! 

Trouble being as has been for a long time ,no quality on bench,no much point in having boys on the bench and are to young to play or so I have be told.think if we look back at our games opposition subs have  made a big impact on result,

3 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

I see Rhys saying the penalty shouldn’t have been given. 

Not seen his interview. Does he seriously claim it’s not a penalty? I understand he’s obviously looking at it from an Airdrie perspective, but to argue that’s not a penalty is just daft. Keeper gets nowhere near the ball and clearly catches Wighton. Did Wighton make the most of it? Absolutely. But there was a clear foul and the keeper/Airdrie can have no complaints about the decision.

Having watched the highlights, it was a fair result, with Airdrie causing us lots of problems that we struggled to cope with. They are probably the best team I’ve seen us up against. Seems like consistency and games like last week, where they chuck all 3 points, being their major downfall. The penalty was the big one to sway the game. It was a game where something like that would separate the teams, and unfortunately we never took the chance. Todorov was extremely unlucky to see his header not go in before the equaliser. Centimetre to the inside of the post and that’s a goal. Midge’s bawhair stuff.

Unlike last last week, Airdrie managed having 10 men a lot better, albeit with less time to play for a result. They wasted time via Hutton and during throw-ins perfectly and drew out lots of fouls from us when we were trying to hammer them. Just couldn’t get it to stick at all, although near the end Edwards delivered a wicked ball which was begging for Todorov to put away, but the angle just didn’t favour the attacker. 

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Rae getting sent off isn't great for us tbh, we didn't get the winner yesterday and now he's missing for Falkirk which will be a massive boost for them. 

Airdrie have hammered Falkirk before with Hutton in goals, albeit this Falkirk team is probably better than previous teams. Sad day relying on others. It’s nice to get help, but I just want to focus on our own games, personally. 

Hopefully get maximum points in the next two. If Falkirk drop anything then great, but full focus on hammering Queens and Alloa. Worried about the Alloa home game particularly; purely for the fact that teams seem to get so much joy at EEP and we are bound to lose a home game at some point. 

Edited by DAFC.

Couldn’t bring myself to post last week but feeling slightly better today. 

I think we’ve managed to show just how dangerous but also how disappointing we can be. For 60 minutes last week I thought it was as good as it gets in this league. There’s no doubt how good Dunfermline are who I think are now a stick on for the unbelievably hard to get League 1 title. 

Hoping to cause some more bother next week against Falkirk and edge closer to play off security. 

On 18/02/2023 at 15:34, Salvo Montalbano said:

Also the bizarre sight of a referee telling a player to replace the ball at a corner when it was absolutely fine. I know fans scream and shout about it but as long as part of the ball is above part of the line its fine, and the ball was well inside on that score. No idea why the ref went over or why he insisted on getting him to move it. Decent stop there from Mehmet too although it might have been going wide.

On 18/02/2023 at 17:11, CallumPar said:

That referee was horrendous. Understood the frustration from both benches/sets of fans. Missed glaringly obvious things and gave lots of fouls/throw ins for the wrong team. It’s never a good sign when both benches have coaches carded for abusing him. He looked young/inexperienced. Hopefully he’s not back at this level until he’s ready.

Mehmet and his defender crashing into each other and the referee awarding a free-kick was the particular 'highlight' of a truly inept display. Suppose he did get the big calls right in the penalty and second booking/red card but that was one of the worst refereeing displays I've seen in a long time. 

On 18/02/2023 at 18:47, Mr November said:

We seem a bit fearful of Todorov in particular

A Jackie McNamara player playing for another team spooked them IMO. 

3 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Mehmet and his defender crashing into each other and the referee awarding a free-kick was the particular 'highlight' of a truly inept display. Suppose he did get the big calls right in the penalty and second booking/red card but that was one of the worst refereeing displays I've seen in a long time. 

Looked to me that the Airdrie player nudged Breen into Mehmet (probably about the same strength as Wighton gave Fordyce for the disallowed goal last week). The attacking player didn't really complain too strongly either which suggests that's what happened. 

16 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Looked to me that the Airdrie player nudged Breen into Mehmet

I was as close as you can be to that incident (without being on the pitch) and that's exactly what happened. Ref got it 100% correct.

49 minutes ago, AirdrieFanTV said:

“We’re better than them”

13 points behind us in the league 🤣 Deluded af. We are the best team in the league and can only throw it away at this point. We need to up our home form and stop all these silly draws. Our away form is, by far, the best in the league. We’re making things more difficult than they should be at home, for whatever reason. Maybe teams come to the biggest team in the league, expecting to get nothing with a “nothing to lose” and “die hard” attitude that catches us out. Whatever it is, it is needing stomped out between now and the end of the season because these stupid draws are annoying. That’s 3 now we have drawn where we should have walked with all 3 points. It wouldn’t be Dunfermline unless we did it the hardest way possible though! 

13 hours ago, DAFC. said:

“We’re better than them”

13 points behind us in the league 🤣 Deluded af. We are the best team in the league and can only throw it away at this point. We need to up our home form and stop all these silly draws. Our away form is, by far, the best in the league. We’re making things more difficult than they should be at home, for whatever reason. Maybe teams come to the biggest team in the league, expecting to get nothing with a “nothing to lose” and “die hard” attitude that catches us out. Whatever it is, it is needing stomped out between now and the end of the season because these stupid draws are annoying. That’s 3 now we have drawn where we should have walked with all 3 points. It wouldn’t be Dunfermline unless we did it the hardest way possible though! 

😂

On 20/02/2023 at 21:21, DAFC. said:

“We’re better than them”

You are easily the most Falkirk like Dunfermline fan, by a mile.

On 20/02/2023 at 21:21, DAFC. said:

“We’re better than them”

You massive virgin hahahhh