Airdrieonians vs Dunfermline

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Absolutely played you off the park for 60 minutes,

You didn't though. It was fairly even when Wighton had a goal chalked off that looked a bit dubious. Pars then fell away for the remaining 25 mins and desevedly lost two goals due to awful defending and slick Airdrie play.

We then started the second half on top and lost a goal on the break. Airdrie get a man sent off and we demolish you. 

40 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

You didn't though. It was fairly even when Wighton had a goal chalked off that looked a bit dubious. Pars then fell away for the remaining 25 mins and desevedly lost two goals due to awful defending and slick Airdrie play.

We then started the second half on top and lost a goal on the break. Airdrie get a man sent off and we demolish you. 

Exactly. We got a man sent off. Up to that point it was 3 nil going on more. Other Pars fans on here admitted that too. We were dominant and that's not in question. However, we crumbled when down to 10 men and you deserve credit for the pressure you then managed to put us under. Most other teams in the league would not have got that result today. But there's no doubt the sending off and penalty changed the game in your favour. 

If it stayed 11 v 11 you'd have been comfortably beaten. And personally I think the red card was very harsh. Think we might even appeal it. Time will tell.

Round 2 next week. 

Tough one to take today. I'd like to see the 'penalty' again but seemed like a wild decision which, combined with the sending off, completely changed the game . Seen enough in the first half to give me confidence for next week when it's 'mano a mano'.

4 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Exactly. We got a man sent off. Up to that point it was 3 nil going on more. Other Pars fans on here admitted that too. We were dominant and that's not in question. However, we crumbled when down to 10 men and you deserve credit for the pressure you then managed to put us under. Most other teams in the league would not have got that result today. But there's no doubt the sending off and penalty changed the game in your favour. 

If it stayed 11 v 11 you'd have been comfortably beaten. And personally I think the red card was very harsh. Think we might even appeal it. Time will tell.

Round 2 next week. 

I don't dispute that you guys were on top for a large part of the first half. But the first 25 mins was even. We had a goal chalked off that shouldn't of been IMO.

Airdrie had us on the ropes for the last 20 mins of the first half. You scored goals and were on top. 

I'm disputing your comment about being all over us for the first 60 minutes. It's not true.

You were not on top in the opening 25 minutes or the start of the second half. Your third goal was on the break when we were on the front foot.

Without the sending off Airdrie would have won that 4 or 5 nil. Game changed on red card and I think we saw the team that will win the league (Dunfermline to be clear!). Fair play, no complaints come the end. The comments from Dunfermline fans being a class apart etc need to have a word btw. 😂 comedy. Not the second coming off Peps Barca.but absolutely deserve credit. Anyway, I think we were aiming for playoffs at start of season and I think we’ll get there. And  if Falkirk don’t go up, we’re all good. 

9 minutes ago, *marko* said:

Tough one to take today. I'd like to see the 'penalty' again but seemed like a wild decision which, combined with the sending off, completely changed the game . Seen enough in the first half to give me confidence for next week when it's 'mano a mano'.

Good to see your doing your part for the partially blind.

3 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Without the sending off Airdrie would have won that 4 or 5 nil. Game changed on red card and I think we saw the team that will win the league (Dunfermline to be clear!). Fair play, no complaints come the end. The comments from Dunfermline fans being a class apart etc need to have a word btw. 😂 comedy. Not the second coming off Peps Barca.but absolutely deserve credit. Anyway, I think we were aiming for playoffs at start of season and I think we’ll get there. And  if Falkirk don’t go up, we’re all good. 

Your weak underbelly will mean League 1 football next season I'm afraid.  Nice football only gets you so far.

Not fully convinced we’d have won that if it was 11 v 11. It was ultimately McCabe’s dreadful game management that lost it so if Dunfermline had made it 3-1 they quite probably would have went on to win it regardless of how many players we had. As soon as they scored you could see what was coming a mile off. 

55 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Your weak underbelly will mean League 1 football next season I'm afraid.  Nice football only gets you so far.

Don’t disagree. See last season play offs as proof. And that why 11 v 11 and Airdrie battering Dunfermline means not a jot given what followed. One team showed they’re capable of winning the title today. 

2 hours ago, Weegie Par said:

Everywhere 😂

Started at centre midfield then moved to centre half when Breen came off. 

Was really impressed with him, won the ball in good positions and had a few really good touches pulling the ball out of the air.

Seems to be something McPake looks for in players, i.e. being able to play more than one position. See Hamilton, KRH, Mahon and Mochrie, as well as using Macdonald more often and utilising Comrie in different roles. He's even had all four of the main strikers play different roles as well.

I dont think the first half changes overly helped us. Neither Hamilton or Chalmers were playing well. Could understand the worry with Hamilton being on a yellow but felt a bit for Chalmers. He gave the ball away that lead to the opening goal but i dont think he should ever have been in that position. We rushed the ball out to him when he had no support and inevitably lost possession. The changes seemed very rash and probably played a part in the collapse at the end of the first half. Didn't look like anyone knew what was happening but worked out in the end when we managed to get players playing in there natural positions.

The penalty and red card being the obvious turning point. Seen mixed opinions on the decision but didn't have the best view from where I was sat.

Airdrie should have been down to 10 men before the penalty anyway with one of the most obvious second yellows a ref will ever have to give for the goalkeeper handling outside the area. Referees in this league are absolutely rank rotten.

More to the point what's with Airdries pie options. Only having a scotch pie on offer is a shocker. 

6 minutes ago, DaveDAFC90 said:

I dont think the first half changes overly helped us. Neither Hamilton or Chalmers were playing well. Could understand the worry with Hamilton being on a yellow but felt a bit for Chalmers. He gave the ball away that lead to the opening goal but i dont think he should ever have been in that position. We rushed the ball out to him when he had no support and inevitably lost possession. The changes seemed very rash and probably played a part in the collapse at the end of the first half. Didn't look like anyone knew what was happening but worked out in the end when we managed to get players playing in there natural positions.

The penalty and red card being the obvious turning point. Seen mixed opinions on the decision but didn't have the best view from where I was sat.

Airdrie should have been down to 10 men before the penalty anyway with one of the most obvious second yellows a ref will ever have to give for the goalkeeper handling outside the area. Referees in this league are absolutely rank rotten.

More to the point what's with Airdries pie options. Only having a scotch pie on offer is a shocker. 

suck it up. Scotch pies are the berries.

10 minutes ago, DaveDAFC90 said:

but felt a bit for Chalmers. He gave the ball away that lead to the opening goal but i dont think he should ever have been in that position.

He's been back to last season form for weeks now.

He wimped out of a challenge in the 6 yard box just before he got hooked and Deniz went daft at him. Think that was the point where McPake took him off.

Whoever agreed to putting an automatic 2 year contract in his hand after a certain amount of games  should fired into space. 

This tosh about how he keeps the ball is bullcrap. Gives it away in daft areas far too often, refuses to tackle. Honestly would get rid off him tomorrow.

Edited by Chubbychops

4 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

He wimped out of a challenge in the 6 yard box just before he got hooked and Deniz went daft at him. Think that was the point where McPake took him off.

Whoever agreed to putting an automatic 2 year contract in his hand after a certain amount of games  should fired into space. 

This tosh about how he keeps the ball is bullcrap. Gives it away in daft areas far too often, refuses to tackle. Honestly would get rid off him tomorrow.

It wasn't an automatic 2 year deal, there was a one year extension trigger but the 2 years is a new deal that McPake has given him.

4 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I think hes useful for games where we dominate the ball against a team sitting really deep but he's not the kind of player to go flying into 50/50s or against a team that play at the pace Airdrie do. 

For that goal though I don't think we should be in as big a rush as we were. We were playing the game at Airdries pace at that point and paid the price.

Suppose if none of that happens then we don't get the ending that we got. Sounds weird but when we got the first back I almost expected us to go on and win the game but that's credit to the winning mentality that McPake has drilled into this group of players.

2 minutes ago, DaveDAFC90 said:

I think hes useful for games where we dominate the ball against a team sitting really deep but he's not the kind of player to go flying into 50/50s or against a team that play at the pace Airdrie do. 

For that goal though I don't think we should be in as big a rush as we were. We were playing the game at Airdries pace at that point and paid the price.

Suppose if none of that happens then we don't get the ending that we got. Sounds weird but when we got the first back I almost expected us to go on and win the game but that's credit to the winning mentality that McPake has drilled into this group of players.

Agree that he's fine when we are in control of a game. That's because he has loads of time on the ball and doesn't have to tackle(which he never does)

It's when we come up against better teams and we need a bit of dig and energy, he's a man down. 

Not great when our asperations are bigger than league 1.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I questioned a couple of the subs when I saw them on Twitter but McPake showed he knows what he's on about.

McPake got it spot on, I did feel a bit sorry for Otoo especially who came on when we were all at sea but in the second half we played well, I thought was unlucky to go to 3 down.

Give him a bit of a headache next week with what formation to go with.

Also wee Mahon was brilliant, I've been critical in the past and wasn't sure why McPake brought him on but he was brilliant and looked dangerous ever time he went forward. 

complete collapse indeed. Callum Smith punching the ball away in the middle of the penalty box is nearly as hilarious as the referee not sending the keeper off for sliding out the box with the ball in his arms.

2 hours ago, *marko* said:

Aye, you might let 4 goals in but ffs, you won't score 3 goals either.

We were brutal letting 3 daft goals in. You should have shut the back door but our fitness and perseverance knocked the shit out of you.

Airdrie gave us a bloody nose but the DA gave Airdrie a good kick in the bollocks for doing so.

McGill staunchly declaring it wasn’t a penalty in the post-match interview 🤣 It was the stone-waller to end all stone-wallers, and Smith was rightly given a red card. 

I can’t believe how easy we found it to create chances at 3-1. Normally you’d expect some sort of dig and the remaining players to rallied round, but Airdrie’s arse totally collapsed. 

Also, Ewan Otoo is some boi 🖤🤍