Airdrieonians vs Dunfermline

18 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You have Falkirk fans banging in pictures of Pars supports because they're so jealus of the sheer size of our support. You'd still be in second x

Don't believe it! And even if it's true it's a hoax! X

Plus your team is pretty ugly so you lot would probably end up mid table somewhere. 

Edited by Senor Bairn

Dunfermline fans seem pretty calm about this game which is disappointing. 
I remember a few seasons back one of them posted, Airdrieonians, like burning the roof of your mouth with hot pizza. 

Airdrie could blow the League wide open if we win the next 3. Don’t think it will happen but it’s the hope that kills you etc.

25 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Airdrie could blow the League wide open if we win the next 3. Don’t think it will happen but it’s the hope that kills you etc.

Now don't be sad, 'cause two out of three ain't bad.

Make it the first two, eh?

1 hour ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Dunfermline fans seem pretty calm about this game which is disappointing. 
I remember a few seasons back one of them posted, Airdrieonians, like burning the roof of your mouth with hot pizza. 

You realise, as soon as teams get abit excitable they play us at home,  we win 1-0 and then they quickly shut up about title chases.  Happened to Falkirk, happened to Edinburgh and I'll be quite pleased to do it to you.

Edited by parsforlife

Aye, that's the worry. Falkirk fans look away now, but that Airdrie performance in the first half (maybe even the first hour) was as good as anyone has played against us all season, and they looked a better bet than Falkirk to challenge. I think they had the mad 6-1 or whatever it was home loss to Edinburgh soon after and that seemed to knock the wind out their sails a bit. Went on an iffy run but given the number of draws we've had and the rest of the league being stinking, they are still well in contention and it'll be a hard game on Saturday, especially like you say if Breen doesn't make it and we don't get a loaner in.

9 hours ago, DiamondT said:

I'm predicting it'll be 2 -0 Airdrie on Saturday.

1 -0 Airdrie the following week. 

Yeah, that ain’t happening. 

I must say, the optimism shown by the diddy teams in this league before a game against us is to be commended, before they inevitably get beat without putting up much of a fight. 

I’m missing the game on Saturday as I’ve got a do in Edinburgh for a mate who’s off to Australia. If Grangemouth FC win tonight and we lose to Airdrie on Saturday I’ll be asking the barman to add bleach to my pint, or might just ask my mate if I can come with him for a couple of months… 

Not sure what to expect of Airdrie. They played well first half at East End. But that was so long ago now. They seem to score goals, but concede a lot too. Feels like it could be the kind of game that, if we score an early goal we could blow them away. If we don’t score, every chance they get a goal or two, then we’re left chasing the game again.

Closer look at results shows that Airdrie have 7 clean sheets in their 12 home games, so maybe not conceding as freely as I first though, but still conceded 11 in 2 home games v FC Edinburgh!

We have 8 clean sheets in our 12 away games, other than Montrose our away form has been very good. If Airdrie come out to attack, as I expect they will, it could play into our hands. Could be a good game for Mochrie, if there’s going to be space in that final third.

Only one team have beaten us at home in all competitions this season so there's no reason not to be confident, or at least hopeful, of getting a result. I don't consider us to be in the title race but a win here would be a huge boost in terms of securing a play-off place and would set us up nicely for the second part of this double header. I think an early Dunfermline goal would kill it (although I'm sure I said the same thing about the game at EEP) but if we play like we did against Alloa I'd fancy us. 

Think it will be a score draw.