Alloa vs Falkirk 7/2/23

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Interesting line up, how are we looking so far?

Pish, haven't strung two passes together. Only real chance was Burrell running through on goal but he forced himself too wide. Yeats needs to start looking for the ball if he's still there in the second half he's been in hiding.

Alloa have been exactly the same as they were in the Scottish Cup game. Very physical and very direct and we havent coped with it at all. Alloa winning all the headers and winning all the 50/50 in the middle of the park. At least we've got players on the bench to hopefully change things. 

7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

There’s a lack of width in the team, which is forcing us to hoof long balls forward. I can’t say that Burrell and Allan look a great partnership either, although they’ve had very little time together.

Not sure what the idea of starting yeats is considering his lack of first team football of late. Could be trying to give a few players a rest considering the amount of games we have but I'm not sure a tricky midweek tie at alloa is the time to do that. 

35 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It's only streams from overseas we do for away matches. Most clubs don't seem to have a problem with it. We then allow the opposition to do the same.

With the increase of VPNs the overseas ruling doesn't mean much, plenty fans don't bother with the travel and can pick up a VPN for a pittance while still giving there home team the proceeds. Just seems fair to me that the home team get the money for whoever watches the game. 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

With the increase of VPNs the overseas ruling doesn't mean much, plenty fans don't bother with the travel and can pick up a VPN for a pittance while still giving there home team the proceeds. Just seems fair to me that the home team get the money for whoever watches the game. 

As I said the vast majority of teams don't have any issue and it's reciprocated at tfs. I'm sure we do the away stream for overseas at east end too if I remember right and there's been no issues.

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

As I said the vast majority of teams don't have any issue and it's reciprocated at tfs. I'm sure we do the away stream for overseas at east end too if I remember right and there's been no issues.

I'd imagine we would be happy for anyone to do it at Dunfermline providing it's reciprocated, it would benefit us in this league more than anyone else. Doesn't mean it's the best thing for the other teams right enough! I don't think ParsTv have streamed at a couple of places this season. 

During Covid it was standard for the home teams to stream the game and take the proceeds, I'm not sure when that changed. Can't be banging on about the #NBP then depriving poor Alloa of it! 

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'd imagine we would be happy for anyone to do it at Dunfermline providing it's reciprocated, it would benefit us in this league more than anyone else. Doesn't mean it's the best thing for the other teams right enough! I don't think ParsTv have streamed at a couple of places this season. 

During Covid it was standard for the home teams to stream the game and take the proceeds, I'm not sure when that changed. Can't be banging on about the #NBP then depriving poor Alloa of it! 

Your making an issue of something that isn't an issue here. Noone has a problem with the way it's being done just now so why change it?

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Your making an issue of something that isn't an issue here. Noone has a problem with the way it's being done just now so why change it?

On the contrary I've got no problem with the home team deciding who can stream. 

You say why change it, except it changed before, during and after covid. It's a constantly changing state of affairs. 

Edited by Grant228

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

On the contrary I've got no problem with the home team deciding who can stream. 

You say why change it, except it changed before, during and after covid. It's a constantly changing state of affairs. 

Aye but it's only going to change if someone's not happy with the way it is just now which is clearly not the case at present.