Alloa vs Falkirk 7/2/23

Will be interesting to see that one again especially as we haven't had a single penalty all bloody season. Still mind-blowing why mcglynn decided to make so many changes but I guess we'll find out in his after match interview. It's not as if going to alloa is an easy enough game for us to rest players.  Another game unbeaten but a missed opportunity.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Will be interesting to see that one again especially as we haven't had a single penalty all bloody season. Still mind-blowing why mcglynn decided to make so many changes but I guess we'll find out in his after match interview. It's not as if going to alloa is an easy enough game for us to rest players.  Another game unbeaten but a missed opportunity.

100% convinced it hit his chest. His arm is out but I am sure it didn’t hit it. Even the Alloa commentator didn’t think it was a foul 

Say what you like about the team selection. We took the lead in the 86th minute. You’ve got to see it out.

Would've been another big three points but fancy Airdrie will get a result on Saturday and got a feeling things at the top will begin to tighten up.

Shite game one of those you think it's either a nil nil or 1 nil. When Oliver scored it really should have been shut up shop. But that was just stupidity from McKay with virtually the last kick of the game. Draw probably fair on reflection though, thought Alloa were the better side in the first half. We never really had much impetus till the subs came on. 

8 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Christ, I hope there was some logic behind changing the team so much. Sounds like we were pretty hopeless all round.

Was thinking about this earlier and could only think:-

Morrison/Kennedy carrying niggles or needing rested

Thinking of the Darvel game??

Narrowness of pitch 

We deserved that point, however unlikely it looked when Falkirk went ahead. It was quite similar to the cup game in that Alloa just about shaded it but didn't take the chances.

We really tired as it went on and really down to the bare bones with the kids coming off the bench, a real contrast to Falkirk being able to bring on the likes of Kennedy and Morrison. I thought we had weathered the storm and it was a rather disappointing goal to concede when it did arrive, way too easy after all the hard work we had put into the game. That should have been that but fair play to the boys, kept going and took advantage, although I don't know what the Falkirk defender was thinking. 

Durnan has clearly improved the defence. I'd always prefer Taggart RB but at least with Doyle back we have a proper RB to go there if Taggs is going to be CB. Thought Coulson did very well and looks a good addition. With Donnelly and Cawley to come back and Rodden as another option off the bench there is a good team there if we manage to get it right. Certainly earned their point tonight anyway. 

Just now, da_no_1 said:

I think we'll get a draw at best on Saturday so it was kinda crucial you guys slipped up tonight. Your form has been excellent of late so it's about time you dropped points.

Going to be some run in

A bit of sense from an opposing fan after a drawn game, good to see.

9 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Was thinking about this earlier and could only think:-

Morrison/Kennedy carrying niggles or needing rested

Thinking of the Darvel game??

Narrowness of pitch 

Be interesting to hear the post-match interview from McGlynn, hopefully it's nothing more than point one.

A point the least Alloa deserved from that game. Really got stuck in and defended well all over the pitch. Tbh until the subs came on Falkirk were really disappointing, long ball after long ball which Alloa dealt with pretty well. Do Falkirk have 10 mins every training session practicing screaming, rolling about and getting in the refs face? Cringeworthy Almost as embarrassing as the fat lad doing a one man pitch invasion 😂 Anyway, a point will do. Especially a penalty late on, up ye!!

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Never again shall we have 2 strikers please unless it is late on and we are chasing things. 
The minute we brought on the two wide players and got 3 central we bossed the game. Didn’t deserve to win TBF but that was a sickner at the end especially as I don’t think it hit his arm 

Not convinced it was just the 2 strikers that was the issue. We looked at our most dangerous with Oliver and Wright up too.

The problem for me was the dropping all width and punting long balls forward.

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

Not convinced it was just the 2 strikers that was the issue. We looked at our most dangerous with Oliver and Wright up too.

The problem for me was the dropping all width and punting long balls forward.

Said that earlier. We have to play 4-3-3

Felt that was a fair result overall, but I felt the longer the game went on the less we looked like scoring. 

Pretty even first half then we started well after the break but felt Falkirk were the better team from the moment Kennedy and Morrison came on. Huge difference when they added width after being so narrow until then, which I think made it relatively easy for us to defend against. 

From the other end, it looked a poor goal to concede and we continue to look vulnerable defending set pieces. 

Credit the boys to keep going until the end though and get something out the game.