Alloa vs Falkirk 7/2/23

18 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Another tight game that I'd happily take 1-0 from.

Only for me would be Allan for Oliver. Preparing to be shot down for saying that following today but if we get through an hour no worse than level, Burrell comes on and rips every team in this league a new arsehole. 

Looking forward to it.

I agree about Allan.  I’d also start Donaldson over Mackie

Agreed on starting Allan and Donaldson. Burrell to come off the bench and #collect another goal. 

Massive chance to put a bit of pressure on the Pars. Nervous only because it would be very un-Falkirk to win 7 games in a row. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Morrison
Rowe Mckay Mackie Mccann
McGinn Henderson
Morrison Nesbitt Kennedy
Allan

Mckay had a stonker of a game at Alloa last time so I think Donaldson will need to bide his time a bit more before regaining his starting spot. Hopefully Oliver drops out in place of Allan as only one of them's going to score goals. Burrell on in the 60th minute to finish off what's left of Durnan and Stanger.

I wouldn't change the team at all TBH. According to Clyde and Airdrie fans Allan's good at poaching and runs his heart out closing down defenders but isn't very good at taking the ball in and laying it off which is what our attacking game is all about at the moment. Oliver's best in a number 10 role but is likely the best we have in the role striking role just now. I'd only have Burrell as a lone striker against teams that attack and leave room at the back which is none of them, apart from maybe Airdrie?

I think Alloa play pretty much on the front foot, but they do get a bit thin on the ground defensively, and tend to offer up plenty of opportunities to the opposition.

Definitely a game that has the potential to be high scoring. We are the league’s highest scorers by the thinnest of margins, and while our defence still concedes too many goals, so does Alloa’s.

Obviously going for a Falkirk win, and something like a 1-3 or 2-4 wouldn’t surprise me.

Would settle for a draw.

Hoping we've got a couple of players available who weren't on Saturday, did notice Donnelly was sat in the stands beside the rest of the injured players. Wondering if Stanger came off on Saturday with tomorrow in mind. Durnan looked good on Saturday, I'd feel better having at least 2/3 of our back three being regular CBs.

We can't be as wasteful in front of goal as we were on Saturday.

Goading a Falkirk Supporter is like sticking your  finger over a lit candle,  The more you do it the more painful it gets 

they will be an angry lot till the holy grail of championship football beckons 

I for one wil be glad when they do 

It has been like watching a grown man playing on the swings.......... awkward .

3 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Goading a Falkirk Supporter is like sticking your  finger over a lit candle,  The more you do it the more painful it gets 

they will be an angry lot till the holy grail of championship football beckons 

I for one wil be glad when they do 

It has been like watching a grown man playing on the swings.......... awkward .

Started reading this and fell asleep 

5 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Can't see us winning this , we are too inconsistent  1-2 or  1-3 most likely,  would take a draw right now

Cawley and Donnelly back ?

I expect we are likely to avoid the on P&B consternation bringing them both back in would cause (where do they play, who drops out for Kev in particular). If LD wasn't fit enough to make the bench on Saturday then doubtful he will be fit for tomorrow. Unless he just wasn't well Saturday.

Don't know why Cawley missed out? If it was work and he is available for this game then I would start him, likely at Coulson's expense, well though he seems to have played at the weekend.

Clearly this is a real test. We played very well in the cup-tie and still lost. Falkirk seem to have achieved more consistency, in results if not always performance. On paper they have improved their squad in the January transfer window.

Looks like the only changes they MAY make to the cup-tie starting eleven are Donaldson and either Allan or Burrell in. Either way I hope the game is as entertaining as that game and hopefully we can take something from it.

Edited by printer