Dumbarton vs Annan Athletic

Outcome?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/02/23 at 15:00

Massive result. Far from perfect for sure. I felt in the first half we had a reasonable balance of pushing up and putting a bit of pressure and sitting back and absorbing it. But that was only doable because Annan sat off us and let us play it out from the back.

Different story in the second half though. They pushed up and stopped us from playing it out and we struggled for long periods. But we ground out the win and it was some finish for the winner. As the game went on you could see how having the 2 forwards would work but it also concerned me that the midfield were non-existent and really seemed to miss having David Wilson in there (something I never thought I'd say!!). It would be good if he isn't out for any matches and if we could get McKee back too. Didn't think anyone in the midfield was any good in the second half though.

Win and another 3 points ✔️

A wise man of this forum said pre match.we will see best of Russell mclean in the penalty box and not winning kick outs challenges etc. 

how tight he was and a great finish . And his overall game got a boost from that. 

annan will feel they deserved something but sons fair dug in and I agree Finlay grey was super in second half .