Airdrie v Clyde

Our record against Airdrie is piss poor in the 3 and a half years since coming up, just 1 win and 2 draws. 

Hard to see that improving tomorrow, but with any luck we might put Hynes into right back and let the midfielders actually play there. 

A point wouldn’t be the worst, but we really need a few wins. 

These are the type of games Airdrie can come unstuck,    if the goals come great , would take a scrappy one nil,    Old Duffy knows the game, he will probably have a tight deep lying back 5,  trying to feed off our mistakes and hit on the break, it's primitive, but needs must for Clyde and if we keep our patience , we should be ok,   talking about running up scores, will lead to meltdown on here if it fails to happen..

This has the potential to a be a dangerous game for us with the expectation that we will win by dishing out another pumping. I hope I'm wrong by I can't see it, Clyde will try to make it difficult and stuffy for us and after what our last game served up I'd be delighted with another scrappy win.

2 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Don’t know if Airdrie fans have paid attention to the league but we generally don’t tend to make things difficult for teams. Hopefully, I’m wrong though!

I thought our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot was known throughout the league!  

Still, going along today.  Saw enough last week to muster a bit of optimism.  

Wonder if  Hynes can play LB?
Central defenders worry me, MCGeever is not quick and not played all year. Sula I still haven’t made up my mind about but is at least reasonably mobile. Left mid is still a worry, Cunningham is mile off as a midfield player. 

8 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Wonder if  Hynes can play LB?
Central defenders worry me, MCGeever is not quick and not played all year. Sula I still haven’t made up my mind about but is at least reasonably mobile. Left mid is still a worry, Cunningham is mile off as a midfield player. 

I would guess it's Lyon at LB. Sure he was used there sometimes at Stenny. Whether he was good or not is a different matter...

1 minute ago, CM. said:

I would guess it's Lyon at LB. Sure he was used there sometimes at Stenny. Whether he was good or not is a different matter...

That fills me with dread, never occurred to me that one. Lyons with Cunningham in front of him?

Oh my God!

Started well and then dropped off it a little in the last 15 minutes. Still really just creating things by pressurising the opposition and generally lacking a bit of quality in the final third.

The defence have been mostly fine and McGeever has done well, to be fair to him. Lyon hasn't been bad as such but still feels like he's always on the verge of giving the ball away.

As usual, it'll come down to how we do when we tire and whether Airdrie can lift themselves a bit.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Pish second half performance. Never threatened bar two half chances where McDonald and Cunningham should have done better.

Comfortable win for Airdrie without them having to be particularly good.

Edited by Jaggy Snake