Heart of Midlothian v Dundee United

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Red cards/ no red cards, United haven't beaten us for about 150 years, so I don't see why the need for all this fuss.

Greater challenges lie ahead. I wish United well.

Last time we beat Hearts was in the courts iirc

16 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

But not with Tam Courts, sadly for you.

You won the battle, looks like we're winning the war.

It's cool, if we finish bottom we'll just take whoever wins the Championship to court, as that's what model clubs do.

9 hours ago, DC92 said:

We've scored some excellent goals since the World Cup. Forrest and McKay v St Johnstone, McKay v St Mirren, Smith v Aberdeen, Shankland and Sibbick v Hibs, and Cochrane and Humphrys yesterday. A couple of Gino's goals have been really good finishes as well.

Imagine the Hibs lads if it was them who were tucking them away with style like this. Instead, big, physical, hoofing Hertz will have to be the ones to provide the panache from the capital city.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Imagine the Hibs lads if it was them who were tucking them away with style like this. Instead, big, physical, hoofing Hertz will have to be the ones to provide the panache from the capital city.

It was good of them to bring in the Easter Road pitch and make it nice and wee so we could beat them on it the other week.

8 hours ago, skinny arab said:

I’m guessing there’s a lot of people on this thread who have never played football, when you go into a solid challenge like that it’s physically impossible to keep your foot 100% flat on the ground, if Edwards really wanted to do Halliday he wouldn’t have cared about winning the ball and just hit him at knee height, even Neilson has said it’s not a red ffs. 

I must confess I've never played football at a high level, but I'm tending to trust the opinions of quite a few ex-professional football players on radio and tv over some random on a fitba forum. 

10 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I must confess I've never played football at a high level, but I'm tending to trust the opinions of quite a few ex-professional football players on radio and tv over some random on a fitba forum. 

Neil McCann and Ricky Foster. One guy who played for Dundee and Hearts and another who has had a weird grudge against Dundee United for years. Ex professionals yes, but hardly objective ones.

18 hours ago, skinny arab said:

if Edwards really wanted to do Halliday he wouldn’t have cared about winning the ball and just hit him at knee height,

I'm not 100% convinced it was a red (didn't think so live, and though there's certainly no way you can call it a wrong decision, I'd have thought the same thing about a yellow), but this is some take.

If Edwards had wanted to sneakily (presumably this is not some bloody feud of which I am not aware, in which Edwards will risk anything for revenge, Sicilian Mafia style?) break Halliday's leg, you think he'd have done it by launching himself studs out at his knee in the middle of the pitch, with no attempt to hide his semi-murderous intent?

f**k me, Ryan Edwards must be well hard. Scottish Roy Keane, and no messing.

10 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Robbie Neilson didnt feel it was a red so I'm guessing you dont trust the opinion of your own manager.

43 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Robbie Neilson didnt feel it was a red so I'm guessing you dont trust the opinion of your own manager.

Frankly, no. He says things to try and be smart. Moans about things that don't matter and then tries to appear magnanimous when you'd expect him to moan. Like saying the Goldson handball on Wednesday wasn't a penalty.

1 hour ago, skinny arab said:

Have you heard some of things bizarre Robbie Neilson comes out with?

For that matter, did you see the formation we put out against Rangers?

And yet you still feel that's a question worth asking?  🙂