Heart of Midlothian v Dundee United

9 minutes ago, DC92 said:

We've had the same number of penalties as Aberdeen and one more than Livi. The only slightly debatable one was at Tannadice and we've had more nonsense penalties against than for.

But anyway, let's accept your premise that opposition teams should be allowed to commit fouls in their own penalty box and see how the numbers stack up.

Non-penalty goals:

Hearts 36

Hibs 34

Non-penalty goals against 11 men:

Hearts 33

Hibs 23

Will this stop your tears on every Hearts thread? Of course not, but it was worth a try.

6 of those 34 goals came against Aberdeen when they had a man sent off against us in the 86th minute. You can draw any conclusion you want from basic statistics when you conveniently ignore the finer details.

4 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

6 of those 34 goals came against Aberdeen when they had a man sent off against us in the 86th minute. You can draw any conclusion you want from basic statistics when you conveniently ignore the finer details.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here. 34 is your total number of goals excluding penalties. Red cards have nothing to do with that stat.

Hibs have only scored 23 non-penalty goals when the other team have 11 men. That includes 4 of the 6 goals against Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here. 34 is your total number of goals excluding penalties. Red cards have nothing to do with that stat.

Hibs have only scored 23 non-penalty goals when the other team have 11 men. That includes 4 of the 6 goals against Aberdeen.

It's almost like Hearts (having beaten them 3-0 home and away in the last few weeks and sitting miles above them in the league) are just a much better team than Hibs.

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

No believing that, he's usually hovering over whoever has the tablet in the dugout, checking out every incident in the game for hand balls in the box and fouls all over the pitch, then moaning to the officials wanting a decision for Hearts.

Whether he had actually seen it i have no idea.  I'm just repeating what he said.

22 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

I'm not 100% convinced it was a red (didn't think so live, and though there's certainly no way you can call it a wrong decision, I'd have thought the same thing about a yellow), but this is some take.

If Edwards had wanted to sneakily (presumably this is not some bloody feud of which I am not aware, in which Edwards will risk anything for revenge, Sicilian Mafia style?) break Halliday's leg, you think he'd have done it by launching himself studs out at his knee in the middle of the pitch, with no attempt to hide his semi-murderous intent?

f**k me, Ryan Edwards must be well hard. Scottish Roy Keane, and no messing.

What? Like fletcher on Gordon on christmas eve?

15 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Apparently not usually anyway

Only Hearts and Celtic have fewer yellow cards than Dundee United and nobody has conceded less fouls in total

Which surprised me given the, shall we say, “robust” approach they entered Saturday’s game with. Possibly having found themselves in a relegation battle they were attempting a “no more mister nice guy” attitude

Again?

12 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

I think we can all agree that goals against that Aberdeen team should be discounted 🙂 

11 hours ago, DC92 said:

But if we are counting them, then @DC92 does rather have you on toast there.

I get that the Hibs boys are at the wind up and that there are a few hearts boys who are not savvy enough not to take the bait but it's clear that @StellarHibee is being sincere given the work he's putting in.

to be honest the more hibs fans like him the better for us. Hibernian are a right good side,they're only behind us because of the freemason conspiracy. They should keep their fantastic model of player recruitment going for the foreseeable future and play that freeflowing game which is the antithesis of our nasty hoofball.

24 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

I get that the Hibs boys are at the wind up and that there are a few hearts boys who are not savvy enough not to take the bait but it's clear that @StellarHibee is being sincere given the work he's putting in.

to be honest the more hibs fans like him the better for us. Hibernian are a right good side,they're only behind us because of the freemason conspiracy. They should keep their fantastic model of player recruitment going for the foreseeable future and play that freeflowing game which is the antithesis of our nasty hoofball.

You can also tell how none of the other hibs fans are in here backing up his claims, Hearts have absolutely broken him and its glorious. 

3 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

What? Like fletcher on Gordon on christmas eve?

Sorry if I am picking this up incorrectly, but are you suggesting Fletcher was at fault for Gordon’s injury? If so, it was absolutely the opposite.

12 hours ago, Markymark1874 said:

Imagine we were shite 😂

We are shite, remember. It's what we keep getting told. Miles ahead of 'the rest', mind, but shite/average nonetheless.

Or something.