Heart of Midlothian v Dundee United

Awful midweek for the pair of us so we'll both be looking for a reaction.

I'll be happy if we play more than one central midfielder. Always wary of teams fighting for their lives, but we should be looking to bounce back with a win, hopefully see a few changes in the lineup and fingers crossed Devlin is back.

Edited by Tony Wonder

At almost exactly this time last year we had a mini-wobble where we got pumped by Rangers and then lost consecutive games against the teams occupying 12th place. Our next two games are against Dundee United and Motherwell.

35 minutes ago, DC92 said:

At almost exactly this time last year we had a mini-wobble where we got pumped by Rangers and then lost consecutive games against the teams occupying 12th place. Our next two games are against Dundee United and Motherwell.

Was thinking that earlier. If we've truly improved, it won't be measured in games against Celtic or Rangers, it'll be if we can bounce back and win when we are expected to.

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Was thinking that earlier. If we've truly improved, it won't be measured in games against Celtic or Rangers, it'll be if we can bounce back and win when we are expected to.

My current opinion is that this year's team is more resilient than last year; better at dealing with setbacks and getting wins in challenging circumstances. 

My worry would be that a lot of the credit built up with the fans recently will have been eroded - completely needlessly - by Wednesday's showing. The crowd is going to be a lot less patient than it would've been otherwise if we don't start well.

It'll be interesting to see how the defence reacts as well.  Will they slot straight back into their January form or will we see a nervier performance tomorrow? Fletcher gave us issues last time.

We should win this but I'm less confident than I was a couple of days ago.

28 minutes ago, DC92 said:

My current opinion is that this year's team is more resilient than last year; better at dealing with setbacks and getting wins in challenging circumstances. 

My worry would be that a lot of the credit built up with the fans recently will have been eroded - completely needlessly - by Wednesday's showing. The crowd is going to be a lot less patient than it would've been otherwise if we don't start well.

It'll be interesting to see how the defence reacts as well.  Will they slot straight back into their January form or will we see a nervier performance tomorrow? Fletcher gave us issues last time.

We should win this but I'm less confident than I was a couple of days ago.

To be honest the Tynecastle crowd have never been very patient, even when we were 3-0 up against Aberdeen people were moaning.

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

Be nice to come out of this one with the three points and less than six injured players. Horrible thuggish team.

I'm sure you're fishing, but one of the gripes from United fans, which is obviously the fault of Tony Asghar, is that this United team is too meek.

The facts speak for themselves, United have committed 228 fouls so far this season, the least in the league. Hearts by comparison have perpetrated 248 fouls.

This is from the official SPFL site.

https://spfl.co.uk/stats-centre

Fouls.thumb.jpg.7f879b23b3652e0eb91c9601c929c815.jpg

Hearts have only been given 38 yellow cards, while United have received 44. The Jambos win on reds, with 5 to United's 2.

All these statistics mean fuck all tomorrow, though.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

10 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm sure you're fishing, but one of the gripes from United fans, which is obviously the fault of Tony Asghar, is that this United team is too meek.

The facts speak for themselves, United have committed 228 fouls so far this season, the least in the league. Hearts by comparison have perpetrated 248 fouls.

This is from the official SPFL site.

https://spfl.co.uk/stats-centre

Fouls.thumb.jpg.7f879b23b3652e0eb91c9601c929c815.jpg

Hearts have only been given 38 yellow cards, while United have received 44. The Jambos win on reds, with 5 to United's 2.

All these statistics mean fuck all tomorrow, though.

Tbf, Asghar is a complete tit. 

C645428C-53EE-4D8A-A669-EF15EAF5D497.jpeg

Hopefully we bounce back tomorrow will be no walk In the park but I'm confident we will get over the line.

Get back to basics, play players in their correct positions and have more than 1 midfielder in our midfield would be a good start.

I'm going for a nervy 2-0 home win

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles

Smith Snoddy Halliday Cochrane

Gino 

Shankland Humps