Immediate Improvement Derby - Dons vs Well 4/2/23

I mean yeah, the only 2 wins we've managed in our last 19 league games were both away, but it's a bit of a stretch to say that shows we're a better side away from home 😂.

6 points from the last 45. You won't have any issues.

Edited by Al B

34 minutes ago, Al B said:

I mean yeah, the only 2 wins we've managed in our last 19 league games were both away, but it's a bit of a stretch to say that shows we're a better side away from home 😂.

6 points from the last 45. You won't have any issues.

To be fair you won the 3 out of the first 4 away games including a win against Aberdeen. Think your last away win was in October. 

Just asking but, do these one off kits ever result in a good omen? Or do they just curse the team wearing them?

The closest I think we can get is the black and luminous yellow shirt but that's our chairty 3rd kid rather than a once off home kit redesign.

6 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Another thread full of we're more shite than you comments.

Great.

ps. We are more shite than you.

Ah hah. We will trump you on this. On everyone of our, we are more shite than you threads, we have actually proven we are more shite than them… 

Dont you know that Motherwell FC exist to improve peoples lives. As such we are coming to Aberdeen with three points gift wrapped in the shape of a calamity defence, cowardly midfield and utterly lightweight forward line. 

Your are welcome. 

2 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Ah hah. We will trump you on this. On everyone of our, we are more shite than you threads, we have actually proven we are more shite than them… 

Dont you know that Motherwell FC exist to improve peoples lives. As such we are coming to Aberdeen with three points gift wrapped in the shape of a calamity defence, cowardly midfield and utterly lightweight forward line. 

Your are welcome. 

Oh f**k off. You did this exact routine at pittodrie earlier this season and it was 3-2 going on 6-2. 

4 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Just asking but, do these one off kits ever result in a good omen? Or do they just curse the team wearing them?

The closest I think we can get is the black and luminous yellow shirt but that's our chairty 3rd kid rather than a once off home kit redesign.

Considering we're getting booted up and down the country in whatever kit we've chosen to wear I'm no sure it entirely matters. 

Opposition fans assuring us that they are completely hopeless and that Aberdeen will definitely beat them, before we duly turn in a solid 0/10 performance and lose the game comprehensively, is becoming something of a common occurrence on here. Motherwell seem to be especially gifted at this, though. 

I am fearing Robson's line up, to be honest. I would probably go with a flat four, with Richardson and Coulson as full-backs. I mean, Richardson isn't very good and Coulson is mercurial, but I wouldn't say we have necessarily improved since we stopped with those two as our regular full-backs. I would probably keep Scales on the bench, and drop Kennedy and Hayes too. I have a feeling, although not really based on anything, that Robson will start Scales, go with three centre-backs, and probably have Kennedy and Hayes as wing-backs. 

I quite like Ramadani, but I might even be tempted to bring in Barron for him just to change things up a bit after such a dire run of results and performances. Barron is a bit more of a battler, too, and that is what we will need here. I would probably start Markanday as well. I can't see Robson going for that many changes, though. 

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Opposition fans assuring us that they are completely hopeless and that Aberdeen will definitely beat them, before we duly turn in a solid 0/10 performance and lose the game comprehensively, is becoming something of a common occurrence on here. Motherwell seem to be especially gifted at this, though. 

I am fearing Robson's line up, to be honest. I would probably go with a flat four, with Richardson and Coulson as full-backs. I mean, Richardson isn't very good and Coulson is mercurial, but I wouldn't say we have necessarily improved since we stopped with those two as our regular full-backs. I would probably keep Scales on the bench, and drop Kennedy and Hayes too. I have a feeling, although not really based on anything, that Robson will start Scales, go with three centre-backs, and probably have Kennedy and Hayes as wing-backs. 

I quite like Ramadani, but I might even be tempted to bring in Barron for him just to change things up a bit after such a dire run of results and performances. Barron is a bit more of a battler, too, and that is what we will need here. I would probably start Markanday as well. I can't see Robson going for that many changes, though. 

We seem to have got stuck in an endless cycle of Clarkson, Miovski and Duk in forward areas and it hasn’t worked at all since we came back after the World Cup, plenty options to change it but management seem keen on flogging it 

Glaring omission from Aberdeen fans, your players got their wish last week, tools can now be picked back up.

Our guys seem to like our guy because it seems a real manager may find them out.

Top tip, rattle anyone Irish studs high early doors, that will mean an emergency sticky plaster. Do not rattle Sean Goss.

Your biggest league win in 2022/23 guaranteed.

We are currently on a run of four straight defeats, including one against sixth-tier opposition and another involving the concession of six goals to Lee Johnson's Hibs. We have not scored a single non-penalty goal in any of those four games. We do not have a manager, and our confidence is utterly shattered. 

If we win then Motherwell should fold. 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

We are currently on a run of four straight defeats, including one against sixth-tier opposition and another involving the concession of six goals to Lee Johnson's Hibs. We have not scored a single non-penalty goal in any of those four games. We do not have a manager, and our confidence is utterly shattered. 

I wonder what I will do on a Saturday.

5 hours ago, DrewDon said:

2 league wins in 13 games. Come back to us when you’re at 2 in 19.