Saints v Celtic, Sunday 05/02/23 High Noon

11 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Yards are stolen at every throw in, you’re not getting a VAR check for that. 

The build up to every goal is checked for any infringement in the build up. Taking a throw in from the wrong place by 10 yards is an infringement.

Just now, kingjoey said:

The build up to every goal is checked for any infringement in the build up. Taking a throw in from the wrong place by 10 yards is an infringement.

VAR doesn't check throw ins or corners. 

Replays put that firmly in clear red territory. 

My first reaction was why not jsut let Celtic go 4-1 up, but actually probably a good think to force Davidson to play us 2 cbs that doesn't include him. 

Luckily just the 2? or so years left in his deal

Edited by FrankChickens1

35 minutes ago, bennett said:

VAR doesn't check throw ins or corners. 

“VAR will only check the attacking possession phase that lead to the goal, and the starting point is limited to the immediate phase, for instance a corner being taken.” So that means that, for instance, a corner being taken with the ball outside of the quadrant or throw in being taken from the wrong spot should mean the goal being disallowed.

Probably a sad reflection on Scottish football, but I think our approach and performances against the OF this season have been a breath of fresh air compared to previous years.

We’re attempting to pass the ball and playing in the opposition half and at least trying making it a game. 

I accept I’ll get stick for that after we’ve just been pumped 4-1, but compared to many of our OF performances of recent years where we’re camped round our own box and just hoof it clear, it’s a significant improvement. 

Nightmare day for Considine. May has never been a solo striker and showed that again, though we were limited in options. Minutes for a lot of the squad, hopefully no injuries and move onto a run of fixtures where hopefully we can start getting some wins.

There were folk questioning the re-signing of Drey Wright in the summer for his lack of end product.  Not many would have predicted he’d be our top scorer after 25 matches, and a contender for our player of the season so far.

16 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Probably a sad reflection on Scottish football, but I think our approach and performances against the OF this season have been a breath of fresh air compared to previous years.

We’re attempting to pass the ball and playing in the opposition half and at least trying making it a game. 

I accept I’ll get stick for that after we’ve just been pumped 4-1, but compared to many of our OF performances of recent years where we’re camped round our own box and just hoof it clear, it’s a significant improvement. 

Nightmare day for Considine. May has never been a solo striker and showed that again, though we were limited in options. Minutes for a lot of the squad, hopefully no injuries and move onto a run of fixtures where hopefully we can start getting some wins.

There were folk questioning the re-signing of Drey Wright in the summer for his lack of end product.  Not many would have predicted he’d be our top scorer after 25 matches, and a contender for our player of the season so far.

I'm really not surprised by Drey Wright.  He was excellent for us in his first spell, particularly before his injury.  The negative revisionism of his time here is incredible, especially when you see Saints fans on Twitter describing Gwion Edwards as an "excellent" signing for Ross County.  I don't recall Edwards doing anything of note in his (very short) time here - and it was nine years ago!  Admittedly Wright seems to have added an end product now, but I always enjoyed watching him play.