Dundee United v Kilmarnock

Andy_K_97

And so, we meet again after encounters in the Premiership and League Cup. Who will prevail in another encounter between the terrors and the stripes?

I have a rare Saturday aff so I'll be heading up to Tannadice for this one, hoping for anything but a repeat of the last time we went up there. Both teams are abysmal away from home, but last night gives me a bit of confidence that there might actually be something about us if we stick to the same formation and attitude. All that's required now is a magical striker who happens to be a free agent to actually convert chances...

It's a game United could maybe do without (Killie too possibly). A serious injury or two for either team could have a detrimental effect on survival chances in the league, and let's face it, one of the arsecheeks is, in all probability, winning the competition. 

I think a ot of United fans have the same view, and are steering clear on Saturday. But I understand the attraction of an away trip in the cup for the Kille fans.

I'm going in the latest stage of my "Road to Hampden" attempt. 

Hats off to Dundee United, I've found it very easy to buy match tickets for the Stirling Uni and Killie games.

I've got an ancient Arabs scarf (big team found!) which I bought when I collected scarves. Might give it an airing... 

8 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Tickets bought and bus up sorted. Any recommendations for a pre-match jar?

Frews is a good pub not too far from the ground or Whites is a bit closer. 

20 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

It's a game United could maybe do without (Killie too possibly). A serious injury or two for either team could have a detrimental effect on survival chances in the league, and let's face it, one of the arsecheeks is, in all probability, winning the competition. 

I think a ot of United fans have the same view, and are steering clear on Saturday. But I understand the attraction of an away trip in the cup for the Kille fans.

Hopefully United's players treat it that way too. I'd happily take winning the cup and getting relegated over losing tomorrow and staying up.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Hopefully United's players treat it that way too. I'd happily take winning the cup and getting relegated over losing tomorrow and staying up.

Aw c’mon. U know ur not allowed to say that. Ur supposed to say ‘I think we should play a reserve team, lie down and let Dundee Utd tire themselves out as the league is more important,

And don’t even consider that u can actually do both. It’s the rules. 

30 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You'd rather finish 10th in the league than win the Scottish Cup (only the sixth major trophy in our history) and have guaranteed European group stage football?

Dammed right. Greenock on the Saturday , Europe on the Wednesday, Arbroath on the Saturday.

Papped out of Europe before Christmas, and probably embarrassed as we’d have a team of championship players, and no guarantee of promotion.

It would be a great day out at Hampden but bittersweet knowing we were going down.