🦁🦁 Livingston v The Caley 🔵🔴🦅

44 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I would say it is down to cost and nothing else, as dodgy as it is for fans to watch, I'm sure managers would rather the correct decisions are made. Delays or not to restarting the game

Managers have done nothing but complain about it. As soon as given the choice in the cup it's been a big no from every club. They knew the cost associated when it came in, why would they suddenly decide it's not worth it other than thinking it's a heap of shite that does nothing but emphasise our shite referees?

Edited by LiviLion

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I would say it is down to cost and nothing else, as dodgy as it is for fans to watch, I'm sure managers would rather the correct decisions are made. Delays or not to restarting the game

21 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Managers have done nothing but complain about it. As soon as given the choice in the cup it's been a big no from every club. They knew the cost associated when it came in, why would they suddenly decide it's not worth it other than thinking it's a heap of shite that does nothing but emphasise our shite referees?

Martindale was on the radio today saying it was not financially viable for us to have it in cup games. Dunno if we'd even break even if we had VAR. Depending on how many Caley bring there's prob going to be about 2,000, split gate, then knock 10K off for VAR, there wouldn't be much left.

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

If it was free, we'd be using it. The only reason we're not is because it'll cost 10k to use it. Which is fair, it's the right choice. I suspect all other clubs would be the same, if it was free, then they'd be using it. The only reason they're not is because of the stupidly high cost to doing so. It'll cost us the same as selling 666 tickets or something like that. 

'Suddenly' deciding not to use it is coming from it being a one off cup game, clubs all agreed to use it across the range of a season and have the costs up front there. I'm not sure many or any would budget to then have a random outgoing of 10k per game. 

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Martindale was on the radio today saying it was not financially viable for us to have it in cup games. Dunno if we'd even break even if we had VAR. Depending on how many Caley bring there's prob going to be about 2,000, split gate, then knock 10K off for VAR, there wouldn't be much left.

I'm pretty sure it's not a straight 50/50 split, I think it's split following the costs of putting the game on. So minus policing etc, I'd imagine that also includes cost of VAR but would be down to both clubs to agree on using it.

33 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'm pretty sure it's not a straight 50/50 split, I think it's split following the costs of putting the game on. So minus policing etc, I'd imagine that also includes cost of VAR but would be down to both clubs to agree on using it.

I read elsewhere that it's 60/40.

Lucky you are the home gate, by our cup attendances this season Livi would have ended up owing us.

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

I read elsewhere that it's 60/40.

Lucky you are the home gate, by our cup attendances this season Livi would have ended up owing us.

It very would could be that too, I know it's slightly off 50/50 to cover for the costs of getting the game on. If we decided to run VAR then I think both clubs could've just went home with £20 in the pocket each :D 

18 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Scottish football yet again demonstrating its too backward and narrow minded for any change or any kind of revolution or modernisation. Whether it be VAR, league structure, fan experience, stadiums etc..............

While we can all complain about referees it doesn't help the standard when we have a duopoly that the media are happy to play up to and every time there is a questionable decision or genuine error we get the whole 'which school did he attend' chat and hear of Refs sent death threats and intimidated. Refs work in a culture of bullying and intimidation which would not be accepted in any other workplace, utterly thankless job in the Scottish game perpetuated by those that employ them and fail to protect them IMO.

3 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Scottish football yet again demonstrating its too backward and narrow minded for any change or any kind of revolution or modernisation. Whether it be VAR, league structure, fan experience, stadiums etc..............

While we can all complain about referees it doesn't help the standard when we have a duopoly that the media are happy to play up to and every time there is a questionable decision or genuine error we get the whole 'which school did he attend' chat and hear of Refs sent death threats and intimidated. Refs work in a culture of bullying and intimidation which would not be accepted in any other workplace, utterly thankless job in the Scottish game perpetuated by those that employ them and fail to protect them IMO.

Yeah by 2 sets of supporters, the other 10 still get questionable/downright ridiculous decisions in games and VAR hasn't changed that any, it does pick up some decisions the officials missed/got wrong, but it just balances that out by getting other ones wrong, that it shouldn't have been involved in to start with. Then of course no c**t in the stadium knows what is going on with it when games get stopped for VAR decisions.

It's basically a tool to help officials referee games better, but the tools using it still get decisions wrong, and the interpretation of rules is so inconsistent it frustrates and bewilders, managers, players, and fans,

On 09/02/2023 at 18:12, ATLIS said:

It very would could be that too, I know it's slightly off 50/50 to cover for the costs of getting the game on. If we decided to run VAR then I think both clubs could've just went home with £20 in the pocket each :D 

I was involved in this at a non-league club up until about 2018, so it may have changed. The SFA sent a spreadsheet to the home club which did all the sums for you, but essentially you take 20% off for the home club’s costs then split the rest.

Edited by The Mantis

To the game itself.Hope Livi start with their strongest lineup.Caley givin a second bite at this,and they'll want to capitalise i suspect. First scorer will be crucial i reckon here.All the pretalk about us wanting a cup run goes out the window here.No matter how we do it just get ourselves into the hat for the next round Livi.Looking forward to this. Mon the Lions.🏆👊👍.

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Genuinely thought we'd see De Lucas if there were going to be any changes. That's a lineup you'd expect against Aberdeen or Hibs....fantastic

Sounds like Boyes only misses out through illness as well, Marty not fucking about. 

Fully prepared for us to make a mess of this :lol:

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Genuinely thought we'd see De Lucas if there were going to be any changes. That's a lineup you'd expect against Aberdeen or Hibs....fantastic

Martindale has been quite forward about how much he wants a Scottish Cup run, so I'm not surprised to see the best team out there. Looks pretty attacking as well with Pittman, Kelly, & the front 3.

Boyes has a bug apparently