🦁🦁 Livingston v The Caley 🔵🔴🦅

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

It's Livingston in the Scottish Cup, nothing would surprise me. What is it, 18 years since we got the QF? Pretty sure most of our defeats in this cup are to teams in the same or a lower league too, or it was at least often enough to make me think that.

Cant help wondering if we'll give a few fringe players a run here. That not being disrespectful of Cally but we've got Luiyi de Lucas who impressed during the World Cup break as a trialist and was offered a contract but has yet to make his first team debut. Curtis Guthrie maybe could handle a longer run since returning from injury.

Just please; no Longridge or Hamilton in the starting line up please. No point in giving Cally a two goal head start.

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

The supermarket I think you're referring to is Lidl. Should be okay but very occasionally they have the yellow jackets out (normally just the old firm and Hearts).

You should be better off here:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/55°53'17.7"N+3°31'13.2"W/@55.8882428,-3.5208715,19z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m4!3m3!8m2!3d55.888242!4d-3.520323

Walk down the path and across the bridge and you're there at the away supporters end. Far quicker to get away after a five nil thrashing as well. ;)

See, using a swarm of trained hornets to disperse the armies of darkness is very much the way to go. :thumsup2

15 minutes ago, Durnford said:

The supermarket I think you're referring to is Lidl. Should be okay but very occasionally they have the yellow jackets out (normally just the old firm and Hearts).

You should be better off here:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/55°53'17.7"N+3°31'13.2"W/@55.8882428,-3.5208715,19z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m4!3m3!8m2!3d55.888242!4d-3.520323

I can endorse this as a good spot to park. Minimal roundabout navigation as well.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Cant help wondering if we'll give a few fringe players a run here. That not being disrespectful of Cally but we've got Luiyi de Lucas who impressed during the World Cup break as a trialist and was offered a contract but has yet to make his first team debut. Curtis Guthrie maybe could handle a longer run since returning from injury.

Just please; no Longridge or Hamilton in the starting line up please. No point in giving Cally a two goal head start.

Dear god no, Caley cuffed us in the LC because we weren't anywhere near up to speed and knowing what our best starting XI was, lets not get complacent here.

We saw in the first half against Stenny what can happen when we're not fully at our best, and Caley are a lot better than them. I never feel completely relaxed watching us winning games unless we're 4 goals up, we all know Livi can let a 2 goal lead slip, and even give a 3 goal lead a fright conceding 2 goals against St Johnstone before making it safe getting a 4th. Actually i remember us almost fucking up a 4 goal lead against Caley when we were 4-0 up and then they scored 3 goals to give us a nail biting finish, hanging on for dear life to win 4-3. Ok now i need a 5 goal lead before feeling totally relaxed. Thanks for that Durnford.😂

42 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dear god no, Caley cuffed us in the LC because we weren't anywhere near up to speed and knowing what our best starting XI was, lets not get complacent here.

We saw in the first half against Stenny what can happen when we're not fully at our best, and Caley are a lot better than them. I never feel completely relaxed watching us winning games unless we're 4 goals up, we all know Livi can let a 2 goal lead slip, and even give a 3 goal lead a fright conceding 2 goals against St Johnstone before making it safe getting a 4th. Actually i remember us almost fucking up a 4 goal lead against Caley when we were 4-0 up and then they scored 3 goals to give us a nail biting finish, hanging on for dear life to win 4-3. Ok now i need a 5 goal lead before feeling totally relaxed. Thanks for that Durnford.😂

Yes; that was a game when we actually looked better once our goalkeeper had been sent off. It was also the start of our nightmare relationship with penalties.

5 hours ago, Durnford said:

No chance, if we didn't do it against Stenny then we wont do it here. Martindale has been public about wanting to have a good run in the Scottish Cup. The chance of drawing Darvel/Falkirk or Ayr/Elgin in the next round where we would need 1 win to get to Hampden SFs mean we'll take this seriously. 

If you're breaking it down to basics we're three games away from guaranteed European group stage football aren't we? 

14 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Livi should expect a tactical masterclass from the Championship MOTM.

I thought Queens were knocked out due to ineligible player?

As a side note I think quite a few Livi fans have been watching the tussle at the top of the championship with interest; not so much for who wins it but who gets into the playoffs; at the moment it looks like it could be any three from a choice of seven?

The winner of that playing the 11th side in the Premiership could be really quite "interesting" with the prospect of United v. Dundee or St Johnstone or County vs ICT? Throw Ayr vs Killie into the mix and wow!

Stop Press - TENNA have announce stepping up production of their line of incontinence underwear for men in Scotland having recently exhausted supplies .in the Manchester city area.

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

No chance, if we didn't do it against Stenny then we wont do it here. Martindale has been public about wanting to have a good run in the Scottish Cup. The chance of drawing Darvel/Falkirk or Ayr/Elgin in the next round where we would need 1 win to get to Hampden SFs mean we'll take this seriously. 

If you're breaking it down to basics we're three games away from guaranteed European group stage football aren't we? 

Agreed but I'd still like to see Luiyi de Lucas get a run out after all the hype. However is he currently behind Obileye in the pecking order?

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

Agreed but I'd still like to see Luiyi de Lucas get a run out after all the hype. However is he currently behind Obileye in the pecking order?

Martindale did say he was signed in case Fitzwater did leave in January. He also said that his signing was with one eye on next season where he'll get a chance. He's basically just a back up and here to get used to Scottish football until next season. I suspect if we have nothing to play for at one point he'll play. He could've came on if we didn't concede early v Killie

8 hours ago, Durnford said:

Can't see making wholesale changes, not considering the way Davie tore into the team at Stenhousemuir, This is a great chance to get into the  1/4 final and with a decent draw a semi final. I think Davie wants a run in the Scottish and as such I think he will start a strong side and look to put the game to be early and then bring on the likes of De Lucas and Guthrie. but in football you can never predict what may happen, Caley are only a division below and must be given the respect, otherwise this is a banana skin. 

10 minutes ago, Lothiangamer said:

Can't see making wholesale changes, not considering the way Davie tore into the team at Stenhousemuir, This is a great chance to get into the  1/4 final and with a decent draw a semi final. I think Davie wants a run in the Scottish and as such I think he will start a strong side and look to put the game to be early and then bring on the likes of De Lucas and Guthrie. but in football you can never predict what may happen, Caley are only a division below and must be given the respect, otherwise this is a banana skin. 

Wasn't suggestion we shouldn't respect ICT or any other Championship side; pretty sure we all remember what a tough division it was; competitive to a fault. Effectively a league with ten side with six either fighting for promotion or relegation at the end of the season.

On 06/02/2023 at 11:07, Stephen Malkmus said:

Last summer I saw Joel Nouble strolling around the streets of Peckham in a Livi away shirt with his name on the back. 

He's a top lad!!!

On the game, De Lucas, Holt, Omeonga, Penrice, Shinnie, Bahamboula could all come into contention and allow us to rotate ....that's crazy strength in depth

Wouldn't be averse to seeing us line up:

Shamal

Devlin, Fitz, Boyes, Penrice

Holt, St Kelly, Omeonga

Bahamboula, Anderson, Nouble

Edited by Cptn Hooch

I like Bahamboula but i wouldn't be dropping Bradley, he's been far more consistent and looks a better all round player. Tough choice between Montano & Penrice though, either one is good enough to be starting. Pittman offers a more attacking threat than Holt, so i think he'll start, and it'll prob be a choice of Holt or Omeonga, a more like for like defensive midfield role.

All in all with Nouble playing and getting us up the pitch into the box, we've got St Kelly, Bradley, Pittman, and Anderson as attacking players who can get goals for us, and of course Nouble himself capable of the odd goal. Holt would have to have the planets aligned with Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus to score a goal. Omeonga's shots are that wild he'd need a deflection off someone's anus before he'd even get close to scoring. 

Since we got relegated we have beaten the following top flight teams in the Cup - I'm not counting the League Cup as I don't think that gives a good picture of teams now that the group stages are essentially pre-season games.

8th Feb 2020 - ICT 1 Livingston 0 (Sean Welsh)

2nd April 2021 - Ross County 1 ICT 3 (Todorov, D.Mackay, Sutherland)

23 hours ago, Durnford said:

Walk down the path and across the bridge and you're there at the away supporters end. Far quicker to get away after a five nil thrashing as well. ;)

Thanks for that, yes I think it was Lidl.

Bit of a challenge getting a hotel, seems like my preferred is fully booked as was it's sister nearby, must be the Rugby and the price of Hotels in Edinburgh, managed to get one in the end.

Our tie wont have VAR thank feck, only Sevco v Partick Th & Celtic v St Mirren taking it up, would've cost us 10K to have it in cup games.

Glad we're not using it but seems farcical that some games have VAR and others don't, surely for fairness, no game should have it, till the Semi's, where all games will prob have it.

33 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Our tie wont have VAR thank feck, only Sevco v Partick Th & Celtic v St Mirren taking it up, would've cost us 10K to have it in cup games.

Glad we're not using it but seems farcical that some games have VAR and others don't, surely for fairness, no game should have it, till the Semi's, where all games will prob have it.

That sounds an exorbitant amount particularly seeing as how we already have the infrastructure in place. Equal to 666 ticket sales.

53 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Says a lot that the only games that have had it in the competition are those that are required to have it. Going to take a wild guess and say its not just down to cost.

I would say it is down to cost and nothing else, as dodgy as it is for fans to watch, I'm sure managers would rather the correct decisions are made. Delays or not to restarting the game