Queens Park 🕷️ v Ayr United ⚫️⚪️

50 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Strangely quiet from Spiders fans on here - are they already up at Ochilview with no wi-fi? See yous there whatever but be prepared to be out sung again. 

But seriously, wtf are you doing offloading your top scorer when you're sat top of the pile? Or was he just a ginger w@nk and wanted away?

I think it becomes incredibly to difficult to keep someone on side once he’s made his mind to leave. We’ve got a fee at least but can’t imagine it’s anything obscene considering he only had 6 months left on his deal 

Minus the utter shambles that occurred with the cup last night, winning games without Murray against a solid enough team at this level is reassuring and I’ve no doubts we’ll give Ayr a much better account of ourselves than we have previously. He’s a massive loss but new boy Connor shields has been capable at championship level before and he will get plenty of chances from our midfield and wingers. A win for either side would be huge psychologically going into the run in 

Edited by qpfc

49 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Strangely quiet from Spiders fans on here - are they already up at Ochilview with no wi-fi? See yous there whatever but be prepared to be out sung again. 

But seriously, wtf are you doing offloading your top scorer when you're sat top of the pile? Or was he just a ginger w@nk and wanted away?

Rumour is he had pre-contract deal with Ross County that we couldn't match. Murray wanted to go and I guess the team thought they could at least recoup a fee if he went now and free up some money in the wage budget to bring someone else in.   Fair to say we are all a bit fed up by it but that's fitba and fitba players for you. Don't get too attached to them.   I reckon Friday will be a 2-2 draw. Just hope we have a referee that knows that handball rules this time!

Ayr have had our number in the first two encounters. We’ve really struggled to handle them. Would be much more comfortable with Kilday back in the team and, of course, the snake is undeniably going to be a big miss.

Hopefully the new guys are registered properly, eligible and can hit the ground running.

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

Ayr have had our number in the first two encounters. We’ve really struggled to handle them. Would be much more comfortable with Kilday back in the team and, of course, the snake is undeniably going to be a big miss.

Hopefully the new guys are registered properly, eligible and can hit the ground running.

Thomson as well who wasn't even on the bench last night

2 hours ago, Jazzar said:

apologies, I guess our minds have been elsewhere.

With the obvious exception of us losing our top scorer & captain, it was a decent transfer window for both clubs but we are clearly the ones needing to up our game, After the first half at Ochilview, Ayr have put 8 past us in 135 minutes which is clearly not great.

We have also only taken one point from 5 games against Dundee & Ayr.

All of which suggest a comfortable win for Ayr

2-1 QP

57 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Ayr have put 8 past us in 135 minutes which is clearly not great.

If you had told me (or anyone else I suspect) at half time in that first game that Ayr would go on to win the next 135 mins 8-0 you'd have got absolutely slaughtered - Queens had absolutely destroyed us that half. 

Current form…last 3 games for Ayr were against the bottom 3 in the league. Both had good wins (as it stands right now) this week in the cup. Interesting that Williamson came out his shell last night. Maybe playing second fiddle blunted his ambition a wee bit. Being told “you’re time will come” can be wearing.

I’ve heard some not-good news about Shields from a Well fan but we’ve seen how Coyle can fire people up, especially strikers. Fingers crossed. 

I hear Thomson was left on the bus, something to do with filling in some forms, but fell asleep watching old Rangers videos. He’ll be back, along with Kilday. 

Sadly, by the time these lads take to the park we’ll most likely be out of the cup. All the more reason to win the league. Have at it lads! 3-0 to the Glorious Hoops.

image.thumb.png.dfd27ed1bf27eaaa4c369a2ca8e5bea3.png

Can see a "home" win here based on a rebound from yesterday's crushing defeat, but only because Ayr will have been lulled into a false sense of security by playing Paul Hartley twice. Keep it on the deck and Feed The Dipo and it could be a different story.

Before we took on Cove in the league last week (and based on how well they played against at Somerset as well as our dodgy form and one or two injuries), I was thinking "take a draw and see how we do in the cup match with a largely second eleven". 

Feel differently now especially as we've grabbed Josh and snared Reece but also because we've looked more than decent in those last two games. Cove were terrible though.

At this moment in time and on current form, we are a shoe-in for a play-off spot and firm favourites for a place in the last 8 of the Cup (less so QP in that one🤭 - have a word with your admin, eh - been there done that).

No predictions for Friday though - both teams seem to be on form. A draw seems likely which will suit Dundee. 

See yous Friday. 

Looking forward to a good game on Friday. Both teams play good football and a positive result for either team would do wonders for confidence going in to the last quarter of the season. The goal difference for Ayr and QP are the best two in the league (and ours would be much better if it wasn't for Ayr!) and we're the top two teams for scoring in the league.

All that suggests the score will be  0-0 which would be disappointing for both of us. (but don't mention disappointments to QP fans - we've had our fill in the last week thanks very much).

Never want to bet against your team, but this will be a very tough test for QP. 1 point picked up in 5 games against the other two of the top three with 4 goals scored and 16 conceded (2 scored and 8 conceded against Ayr). Need to be at our very best to get anything. 

12 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’ve heard some not-good news about Shields from a Well fan but we’ve seen how Coyle can fire people up, especially strikers. Fingers crossed. 

Iirc, Shields was more than decent in an otherwise average at best QotS team the last time he was in this league. I'd back Sandy Stewart to coach anyone back to full throttle.

15 hours ago, rb123! said:

Musonda and Murdoch will still be missing so imagine it'll be this;

Albinson

Houston Kirk McGinty Reading 

Hewitt Dempsey McAleer 

Mullin Akinyemi JML

I like the look of this 11, with young Bryden coming on for a late winner. 

But as has been said already, I always worry when we get too confident. An Ayr win and we'll be insufferable on here. 

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

An Ayr win and we'll be insufferable on here. 

Just imagine if by some miracle QP get off the hook with the SFA and then pump Ayr in the evening. It could feasibly be one of the best ever meltdowns on PnB. Obviously, the reverse of both events will be met with decorum and deep reflection by QP fans.